Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone recognize this bridge and stop bar?

JM2112

I've never come across a stop bar or tailpiece with set screws in them. While I don't claim to be an expert I'm pretty certain these parts are not factory Gibson parts. If anyone knows who made them and if they are a quality or junk product I would like to hear your opinion. See pic below.

Thanks!

IMG_0324_zps4db884ca.jpg

Thanks for identifying the maker! [smile]

Does anyone have any complaints/compliments about them?

Its kinda neither here nor there really.. They are as good as the normal TOM bridges just with the added extra feature of locking... Apart from that I don't think theres any real difference.. (im sure some would say it improves sustain though :rolleyes: :)).

Thanks for identifying the maker! [smile]

Does anyone have any complaints/compliments about them?

My michael kelly has that tone pros AVR-2 as stock. I like the fact it locks but I've never found it to increase sustain noticeably compared to the closest gibson model. I wouldnt say a swap from gibson to tone pro's is worth the effort tbh, there's little return for your money.

Tonepros stuff is good. One thing that's good is that when you pull your strings off the thumbwheel won't spin and allow the bridge to move up and down. And the bridge won't move or fall off when the strings are off. AVR-2 bridges have more room for intonation adjustment. I needed one for my ES-339 cause the factory one really wouldn't intonate properly.

Tonepros stopbars are cool. They lock to the post at any height, so you can have a rigid stopbar assembly without having to crank the stopbar all the way down against the body of the guitar.

Gibson used Tonepros stuff on some of the LP Standards, including the one I bought new in '11 or '12.

I bought this ES used and this mod was not mentioned in any description, and I've never seen one before. That's the reason I'm asking. I typically don't have anything against small changes/mods as long as the new part is a quality product and installed correctly, and both seem to be the case here.

Thanks for the info folks!!! [thumbup]

Archived