Gibson Brands Forums

Had to share no Gibson content

Motherofpearl

Looks nice but man you should hear it sing. I'd love to email one of you guys the soundbite and maybe you can add it?

I hope someone does. I'd love to hear it. What's the deal with the extra features?

Have always had a hankering for a D35. Not fussed on MOP , but i love the back of that one .Congratulations.

Purty. Really interesting seeing through the sound hole the splice seams where they inset that wavy piece of wood on the back. That looks like something that could make me stray from the fold. If she sounds as good as she looks, better we not hear it here!

There was a nice feature on Martin guitars on CBS Sunday Morning this week.

Caught that one. I thought the early Martin with the Stauffer headstock was cool as it gets. C.F. Martin actually worked for Johann Stauffer before migrating to th U.S. in 1833.

It is a a good thing one of the few rules I follow is not to judge any guitar by a sound clip (the other is never take anyone's advice on what guitar to buy) or else I would have quickly dismissed that Sebastion Signature koa guitar as not being one of Martin's better efforts. But then again, at $6K I don't think it is going to be something I would have to worry about any time soon.

After looking for 2 or 3 years for a Martin (and buying and selling several Gibsons along the way) I bought a '06 D-35 just a couple of months ago. So far a great decision on my part. Sounds great and plays great (playability has been my problem with Martins ... overly thick necks for my taste). I'm still a Gibson man so not giving up any Gibbys (well probably the J35) but I hope you buy it if you can and enjoy that very beautiful D-35 as much as I'm liking my plain jane. Happy pickin'!

Ha 7999 wicked hey? I've never forked out over 5000 for a guitar before and that was a vintage. I dunno man a lot of dough

Ouch! Sure is a lot of dough. But you sure would have a very unique guitar. Don't see those at Guitar Center... :rolleyes:

Archived