Gibson Brands Forums

1984 Firebird VII ?

CheapShoes

Hi. I am a somewhat interested in a local Craig's list item - a 1984 Epi Firebird VII. The guitar looks nice, but a couple things seem odd.

1. Did Epi make the 3-pickup Firebird in 1984? It looks identical to the 1963' RI made in the 2000s

2. The seller says these sell for $800 used, and is asking $500. Whatever...

3. MIK. If this is recent make, wouldn't that be MIC?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/4252231771.html

Thoughts? Your input appreciated, Thanks!

The Firebird VII was made from 1999-2005 approximately. As far as I know, they were Korean, as the China Qingdao factory opened in 2002. Some of the later FIrebird VII guitars could be chinese, but I dont think that it is very likely. A serial number would tell us for sure.

As far as price, I have no idea. $800 seems a little steep. $500 even seems to be a the top of the resale mark, maybe a little beyond. But it really depends on the build quality, original price and current demand.

Thanks. I made an inquiry from the seller and haven't heard back. I'd probably just look to trade something if he is firm on that price for a used one. Dang cool guitar. I'm not sure I've seen a modern used Epi anythig for over $400 in GC aroun here. But I'd like to strap that thing on and fire it up.

Archived