Gibson Brands Forums

Fred's 1956 Gibson Country Western lives on

livemusic

Fred, after months of repair, finally got the guitar out of the shop here in Nashville. They did a terrific job of fixing the huge cracks, you have to look very hard to see them. I am amazed, there was total separation of those cracks. Braces were busted loose too.

This is my first write of 2014, just finished writing this. My engineer said "Wow, that guitar is amazing, it's so evenly balanced." Meaning bass strings all across to the treble strings. But I was strumming it. This is us seeing how it sounds on a fingerstyle song. And I do not have nails, I use flesh of my fingertips. Wish I had nails. This is rough, he could make it sound better with doing his engineer magic, so, this is, more or less, raw.

I really love the guitar, it has a special sound.

If you like the new song, please drop a brief comment. Still recording my first album in Nashville. It's a bear to choose songs, I have so many! Which is a nice problem. But it is a huge problem!

https://soundcloud.com/bill-pittman/me-alone-guitar-vocal-work

there is something about a great repair job on a badly cracked vintage guitar that just seems to end up magical. maybe the glue is makes a stiffer overall material and the wood is nice and dried out at some point in its life. all I know is that the results can be awesome.

Bill, how in heck did you manage to write a song about me without ever meeting face to face ? Now you know why I told you that you would love that guitar...magical, the only way to describe it

Gave me goosebumps when I heard it again. I loved that old guitar for twenty five years, now it's in the hands of someone who can share it with the world. Great job brother.

But it aint really done till ya post the pics [thumbup]

Fred, after months of repair, finally got the guitar out of the shop here in Nashville. They did a terrific job of fixing the huge cracks, you have to look very hard to see them. I am amazed, there was total separation of those cracks. Braces were busted loose too.

This is my first write of 2014, just finished writing this. My engineer said "Wow, that guitar is amazing, it's so evenly balanced." Meaning bass strings all across to the treble strings. But I was strumming it. This is us seeing how it sounds on a fingerstyle song. And I do not have nails, I use flesh of my fingertips. Wish I had nails. This is rough, he could make it sound better with doing his engineer magic, so, this is, more or less, raw.

I really love the guitar, it has a special sound.

If you like the new song, please drop a brief comment. Still recording my first album in Nashville. It's a bear to choose songs, I have so many! Which is a nice problem. But it is a huge problem!

https://soundcloud.c...itar-vocal-work

All of that work really paid off and we can't forget the role that jt played. Make me feel warm and fuzzy. Thanks UPS [flapper]

I am really surprised!

It WAS not looking good for that guitar a few months back.

And there it is, and sounding great, LM.

The whole story put me off buying O/S guitars a bit, but I weakened and hit the go button on another, and guess what? They seem to have lost it! Yesterday, the tracking said it was here in Aust Customs, who gave us a new kind of certificate Roadblock redtaper when called, but this morning tracking says it is in Memphis still..... Huh?

Like I said,I was never going to do this again. Staying calm by getting the Better Half to deal with the @###@#ERS....

BluesKing777.

Archived