Gibson Brands Forums

NGD LG2 American Eagle

RichG

I went to Russo Music today to have them fix up my older D18 and played the only three small body Gibsons they had. I kept going back to the LG2 AE. The Banner LG2 with the hog top sounded nice but the neck profile was too big for me. The Keb Mo sounded ok, but something was missing to my ear. They even put new strings on it and I still liked the AE better. Most likely personal preference. Nothing wrong with the Keb Mo. I also wasn't crazy about the nut width on the Keb, but once again, personal preference.

So I bought the least expensive one at a good price. I also wanted another guitar with a pick up as only one of mine has one now. How's that for justification? [rolleyes]

So my D18 sounds and plays great again and I have a new toy. I'll post a video later. I still have issues with the picture hosting thing.

Once again, very pleased with the service at Russo. I was going to say I wish they were closer to me, but that might get expensive. Oh, and the Staten Island Expressway went from 4 to one lane for emergency repairs. Took about 45 minutes to get through that. But I'm still happy.

Rich

The nut width is 1.725. I think the Keb Mo is over 1.8

I never learned the correct Travis style pick and at 68 I doubt if I will. Watching myself play focuses on that as I am really only using my thumb and one finger. I appreciate the comments as I am always self conscious when I play. I usually choke at open mics, so I don't do that anymore. I do play in a Jug Band that does library gigs now and then, but there is safety in numbers, as they say.

Rich

Archived