Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cowboy123

my new 2013 Traditional LP....

when I stop playing guitar as a kid, I sold my favorite guitar...now some many decades later, I've finally got to a point where I can replace it...got a few Epi's that are really nice but still have had the longing for a Gibson LP...no longer...really like this guitar and the specs...later.

cowboy123

post-59490-098887000 1389908762_thumb.jpg

when I stop playing guitar as a kid, I sold my favorite guitar...now some many decades later, I've finally got to a point where I can replace it...got a few Epi's that are really nice but still have had the longing for a Gibson LP...no longer...really like this guitar and the specs...later.

cowboy123

is that a traditional pro 2?

cowboy123

Sweet dude, just got two the other day, yes two, own a 2013 standard and 2013 traditional, beautiful top looks a lot like mine but mine is a tear drop burst. Nothin like 10 pounds of mahogany. ENJOY!

Congrats.... They are beauties for sure

..... IMO Gibson hit a grand slam with this guitar that I think I'm gonna buy another one.... I got mine for $1499 and I just did about $600 in mods and I'll put the guitar up against any guitar I've ever played.... I love the way Gibson set up the frets and fretboard..... Even my tech was blown away how well put together this guitar is..... Here's an image of what mine looks like now..... She really has that 59 vibe to her

IMG_5273_zps9cc9f84a.jpg

Hey Duane...killer axe....Tell us the 600.00 list that made you do it. I love upgrades.

thanks mang!!

1. MartinSixString 50's wring harness with actual 50's bumblebee caps, and 50's pup selector wiring switch

2. Electric City RD-59 low wind pickups

3. Faber ABR1 bridge with post screwed into the wood and Aluminum tailpiece

cowboy123

Niiiiice top, Cowboy123 - congrats! [thumbup]

I love these looks of a fine figuring along with a beautiful graining. [love]

Congrats.... They are beauties for sure

..... IMO Gibson hit a grand slam with this guitar that I think I'm gonna buy another one.... I got mine for $1499 and I just did about $600 in mods and I'll put the guitar up against any guitar I've ever played.... I love the way Gibson set up the frets and fretboard..... Even my tech was blown away how well put together this guitar is..... Here's an image of what mine looks like now..... She really has that 59 vibe to her

IMG_5273_zps9cc9f84a.jpg

Guess she will play and sound great with strings on her... [omg][scared]

They will give her the right sort of "vibe" I believe. [biggrin]

Pretty guitar, you should send me those crappy 57-57+ pups.

The 57's are far from being a "crappy" pup....... They're just not for me..... But they're spoken for

Congratulations, last year I bought also my first Gibson after playing for 40 years with Ibanez SG Custom 76' & Fender Stratocaster Squire (the older ones) But no guitar can compare with that sound of mij new Gibson Les Paul Standaard 2013 post-58248-051506000 1390170269_thumb.jpgGold Top :-)