Gibson Brands Forums

need help with epiphone dove

tmtstillrockin@51

I have an Epi Dove MIC but are you meaning the soundboard is red too? Mine is similar to my Gibson Dove with the natural clear spruce soundboard. A photo would be nice of your new Git.

Glad you have one. Set up they sound really pretty good and the price is right too.

Aster

I like Phosphor-Bronze D'Addario strings and have gone with .11's vs .12's but that's cuz my arm strength is getting some weaker. With the maple sides on the Dove it rings nice but not too bright/bitty IMHO. Both my Doves are really sensitive to old sting sound and when the strings are done they both (Gibson & Epiphone versions) sound like POS's. New set of strings, new sounding guitar. I also love the Gibson PB's that the Gibby Dove comes with from the factory (actually, all the Gibson acoustics do).

Nice looking guitar. I saw that Gibson quite making the Dove like mine with natural face and last year saw a Gibson version with all cherry color like your Epi.

Try some phosphor bronze stings and see what you think. My Epi Dove is a great player and is my Vacation guitar for the RV trips. Love it. The Gibson sounds much different (and it should too) but I'd never take it on vacation with me in the RV! [biggrin]

Aster

Archived