Gibson Brands Forums

ES339 studio, what's your view?

mrpink

OK, this is the deal. I just joined a Punk covers band and I was thinking of getting a SG Junior as my main guitar. I was just about to pull the trigger on an ebony one when I cane across the ES339 studio. I know the junior will do the job perfectly but the 339 looks so raw and edgey. I was just wondering if anyone has played one and can give me the low down. What's the neck like etc...

thanks

They didn't go down very well here so I doubt anyone would have tried them......I kinda liked the stripped back thing.. like a LP junior or something like that... I would probably have to add a second pickup though if I wanted one of these.

theres a demo here

They didn't go down very well here so I doubt anyone would have tried them......I kinda liked the stripped back thing.. like a LP junior or something like that... I would probably have to add a second pickup though if I wanted one of these.

theres a demo here

Thanks, from the vid it sounds like it has a Chubba of a neck. Which to me seems like the 50s type profile rather than the slim taper 60s that I am used to. I have not heard many reviews for the 339 studio but to me I'm only going to be using it with my punk covers band. So versatility is not really an issue. I would just like to know if build quality is superior to the sg junior due to the Studio being made in the Memphis fa.ctory. Here in the UK the price of the 339 studio has really dropped from £999 to £699. The sg junior is around £450.

Archived