Gibson Brands Forums

NCD and NPD

surfpup

nice grabs Surf!!

wish we had guitar shows here...i'm gonna start keeping check in Atlanta for one, as Birmingham has NOTHING !!......ever.... [crying]

Atlanta hasn't had a show in a while for some reason. But I believe there is a good one in Charlotte and Spartanburg put on by the same company.

Nice score!! I love those old DOD pedals.

What I am really searching for is a replacement for my old Mutron Phasor II but I don't wanna spend $300! I'll get to try this one out later today. I didn't really pay attention to the fact that it was a 401B (for bass). But I know they have an pot inside for adjustment, so hopefully it will work well for guitar.

If I remember correctly, you love it, right? I won't get to play this one with my 18 watt head until I get back home later today.

Yea, these (with tan grill) are earlier production for what I understand, the later production cabs have black grill and those things on top where a head would sit.

Yea, these (with tan grill) are earlier production for what I understand, the later production cabs have black grill and those things on top where a head would sit.

I definitely like the tan grill better. I took the back off to check the speaker codes and this one is a 1986.

Atlanta hasn't had a show in a while for some reason. But I believe there is a good one in Charlotte and Spartanburg put on by the same company.

those are about the same distance from me as P'cola/Destin/FtWalton......if i'm driving 6 hrs one way, i'm going to the BEACH !!!! [laugh]

DOD are cool..that will be a 4-stage phaser I bet, same as the old Ibanez. I still have 2 DOD pedals from the same era, a noise gate and an A/B box. The 65(?) chorus was great - I should never have sold that one!

But Surf - you could build a pretty good phaser, right?

...that will be a 4-stage phaser I bet, same as the old Ibanez...

But Surf - you could build a pretty good phaser, right?

Yeah, but I picked this one up for only $65, so I couldn't resist. And let me tell you I just finished playing it for the first time and Holy Sh!t! It's amazing. [woot] I've never heard a Phasor do the deep Univibe like throb as well as this one. It's sick. Looking like the best $65 I've spent in a while. Naturally I recently spent nearly three times that on a great Univibe clone. Had I found this first....

How do you read the speaker codes?

Every manufacturer had their codes. I use this link for Celestion's codes. They are stamped on the arms of the frames. I'll also post the pertinent bits in below. Mine were stamped BU3 which is third week of Feb. 1986

1968 - 1991

YEAR CODE MONTH CODE

1968 A January A

1969 B February B

1970 C March C

1971 D April D

1972 E May E

1973 F June F

1974 G July G

1975 H August H

1976 J September J

1977 K October K

1978 L November L

1979 M December M

1980 N

1981 P

1982 Q

1983 R

1984 S

1985 T

1986 U

1987 V

1988 W

1989 X

1990 Y

1991 Z/A

The date codes from 1968 to 1991 are written in the form: Month, Year, Day.

For example: KH7 = 7th October 1975

I'm not much for pedals but I love that cab.

Nice score!

I'm sure the pedal is great too but I just never went gaga for pedals.

So I don't really know one from the next.

Put me in the "wish we had guitar shows here" category as well.

Never been to one. Would love to someday.

Archived