Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Salfromchatham

Evil is Alive and Well

Great version of a great song from an underrated album (Jakob Dylan's Seeing Things)!

Also particularly like "Valley of the Low Sun," "I Told You I Couldn't Stop" and "Something Good This Way Comes." (hint, hint)

I never found the time to get into his other album Women + Country. Has anyone heard it and what do you think? Especially you, Sal.

Love the sound of your Martin D15M. I've been contemplating a D17M, but I've got so many in that style that I'm hoping to try out a 00-17M and fall in love with it. Otherwise, it's going to difficult explaining why I got rid of the Guild D-25M and why I have a Sheryl Crow CW, a Hummingbird, a D28, a J-45 and an SJ (though I'm thinking that might be my trade piece).

Great version of a great song from an underrated album (Jakob Dylan's Seeing Things)!

Also particularly like "Valley of the Low Sun," "I Told You I Couldn't Stop" and "Something Good This Way Comes." (hint, hint)

I never found the time to get into his other album Women + Country. Has anyone heard it and what do you think? Especially you, Sal.

Love the sound of your Martin D15M. I've been contemplating a D17M, but I've got so many in that style that I'm hoping to try out a 00-17M and fall in love with it. Otherwise, it's going to difficult explaining why I got rid of the Guild D-25M and why I have a Sheryl Crow CW, a Hummingbird, a D28, a J-45 and an SJ (though I'm thinking that might be my trade piece).

I like it almost as much as Seeing Things... Best songs on it (IMO) are Smile when you call me that, Truth for a truth, and Nothin but the whole wide world. Definitely worth the purchase. The album uses a lot of timeless imagery, which is nice... But I feel like it doesn't tell stories as much as it paints pretty pictures... That might bother some people if that makes any sense?

Regardless, I love his D18, his voice, and it is very cool that Neko Case does some of the background vocals.

And thanks Smurf... I actually have a soundcloud somewhere of my attempt at I Couldn't Stop. I love that song!

Oh one more thing... I love my D15! And I have had many Martins... Including D18, HD28, and an M21. The M21 I would buy again... The D15 will stay with me for life.

Loved it Sal. What is on your 13th and 15th fret on your d-15? I have a D-15S and am always surprised how well it holds it's own among a nice stable of Gibson's and Martins.