Gibson Brands Forums

SG-X

paulson05

Greetings all,

I'm hoping to get some advice from the experts here. I have this gibson sg-x here and I don't know much about it. I called Gibson and the serial number was on, but that is all they could tell me about the guitar. It has a clear coat, which I have not seen anywhere else. The gibson rep suggested it was a factory employee that got it off the line and finished it themselves.

The guitar is not the easiest one to research. I would really appreciate if I could get some appraisals. I'm looking at moving and offloading the guitar.

Thank you and any advice is appreciated!

post-62637-073948600 1390572599_thumb.jpg

post-62637-094921000 1390572608_thumb.jpg

Wow,,that has a really wild knob setup,,master vol+ master tone? Coil split switch? Im not sure I would get rid of that one,,easy for me to say,,I guess. Its a rare bird looks to me,,and probably no way to figure it $$ value,,how much do you want for it? I kindof like the look of it,,although it does need another PU in the neck spot,,cool axe though.

Wow,,that has a really wild knob setup,,master vol+ master tone? Coil split switch? Im not sure I would get rid of that one,,easy for me to say,,I guess. Its a rare bird looks to me,,and probably no way to figure it $$ value,,how much do you want for it? I kindof like the look of it,,although it does need another PU in the neck spot,,cool axe though.

I know next to nothing about it. I don't play, wish I had time to learn. How can I tell whats what?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know next to nothing about it. I don't play, wish I had time to learn. How can I tell whats what? Well,,tell ya what,,all you have to do is box it up real nice,,ship it to me,,and Ill give it a full overview,,although it may take some time before you get it back,,lol {kidding}

Archived