Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Used 2012 Les Paul Traditional Gold Top

Voodoo Monkey

Hi All,

I got a used guitar yesterday, a 2012 Gibson LP Traditional Gold Top. I used to have a 2011 LP Standard Gold Top which was chambered that I really never bonded with. I'm just not into the chambered LP's, that's just my taste. So I came across this guitar used in near mint condition, one little nick on the side so I went for it and I love it. Thought I would put up a little blues video of it. I'm playing through a Fender DRRI 65 with an Xotic BB MB overdrive and a Strymon Brigadier delay. It's real low overdrive but it can wail too! [laugh]

I played most of the day yesterday and decided to do a little improv video today. The guitar is weight relieved and a 57 classic in the neck position and a 57 classic + in the bridge position and weighs between 9-10 Lbs.

Chris

[woot]

Sorry you couldn't bond with the Standard but looks like you found the one!

I think i'm the only one on this board with an affinity for chambered LPs. Send 'em my way people!

I definitely found the one. The chambered one I used to have did have a much better clean tone than the weight relieved Traditional but I just prefer the WR Les Pauls. They are all great guitars. [thumbup]

Great stuff, Chris!

She sounds really sweet even through crummy lap-top speakers. Must be quite a singer in real life. But then again, I prefer '57s over BBs so she's my kind'a girl anyway.

Congrats!....................[thumbup]

P.

Great stuff, Chris!

She sounds really sweet even through crummy lap-top speakers. Must be quite a singer in real life. But then again, I prefer '57s over BBs so she's my kind'a girl anyway.

Congrats!....................[thumbup]

P.

Thanks Philip. My old LP Standard Gold Top was a 2011 so it was chambered and had burstbuckers neither of which I am a fan of. Just my opinion so I traded the guitar a while back then this came along, weight relieved and with the 57's it was what I always wanted and it's in great condition, I'm very happy with it. [biggrin]

Archived