Gibson Brands Forums

Which dealers post pics by serial number?

bobouz

I had been looking for a dealer with actual pics of the new J-15, and finally found one yesterday at AMS. After close inspection (as close as you can get on the internet!), impulse took over and it'll be shipped soon.

I've seen that Wildwood, Sweetwater, Zzounds, and AMS post photos of actual guitars by serial number. Dave's has photos, but I don't think they post the serial number.

Are there other dealers I'm not aware of who use pics of specific guitars?

I had been looking for a dealer with actual pics of the new J-15, and finally found one yesterday at AMS. After close inspection (as close as you can get on the internet!), impulse took over and it'll be shipped soon.

I've seen that Wildwood, Sweetwater, Zzounds, and AMS post photos of actual guitars by serial number. Dave's has photos, but I don't think they post the serial number.

Best of luck on your new acquisition! I've used and bought from some of these dealers you mentioned, who post actual, multiple, high resolution and angled pics of their guitars, as well as complete serial numbers to match. That usually results in a satisfied customer. ALL other ONLINE RETAILERS who do NOT post high resolution guitar pics, and include actual serial numbers I have personally BLACK LISTED..and never buy from them. That is the best policy, in in my view, the only policy to go by when you are buying online...along with a no questions asked return policy. Anything less, is simply black listed. We'll look forward to your pics, and your buying experience, as well as who you bought it from! .....Musicians Friend and GuitarCenter..only on occasion post guitars for personal selection, like the Gibson Hummingbird and other pricey guitars. They both need to step up to the bat and put all their guitars online for view, including low and mid priced guitars. And so my personal black list also generally includes MF and GC for the most part, because they refuse to show only the expensive guitars. So my business usually goes to those you have mentioned, who care about the customer...not just their pocket!

Best of luck on your new acquisition! I've used and bought from some of these dealers you mentioned, who post actual, multiple, high resolution and angled pics of their guitars, as well as complete serial numbers to match.

Thanks for the well wishes. The J-15 was at AMS (American Musical Supply), and this is my first guitar purchase from them. They do have a very nice close up feature, so you can actually check things like the saddle height.

I've reluctantly resigned myself to internet purchases (with a good return policy), but top quality photos help a lot, and then we'll just have to see about the tone & playability. Probably won't get here for awhile due to the stormy weather.

Many times Wildwood will have video of an awesome player playing the actual guitar and running it through all of the settings. This is the video that sold me my Les Paul along with high def pics. :-) They are amazing to deal with.

Yes, I hear nothing but good things about Wildwood.

Sure wish all the five-star dealers could post pics.

Thanks for the well wishes. The J-15 was at AMS (American Musical Supply), and this is my first guitar purchase from them. They do have a very nice close up feature, so you can actually check things like the saddle height.

I've reluctantly resigned myself to internet purchases (with a good return policy), but top quality photos help a lot, and then we'll just have to see about the tone & playability. Probably won't get here for awhile due to the stormy weather (ships from Minnesota).

I've had very good experiences with AMS and with ZZounds (I think they're the same company with differing websites like Musician's Friend and Woodwind and Brass have). I purchased and kept two gits and purchased and returned a Eric Clapton Vibro Champ from AMS. The Champ had a factory defect that AMS wouldn't have noticed, but they let me return it near the 45-day limit and shipped me another, which I eventually returned just because it wasn't quite the thing.

AMS didn't hassle me at all.

I hope your experience is as good as mine. And no, I don't have any affiliation with these companies.

FMA

Best of luck on your new acquisition! I've used and bought from some of these dealers you mentioned, who post actual, multiple, high resolution and angled pics of their guitars, as well as complete serial numbers to match. That usually results in a satisfied customer. ALL other ONLINE RETAILERS who do NOT post high resolution guitar pics, and include actual serial numbers I have personally BLACK LISTED..and never buy from them. That is the best policy, in in my view, the only policy to go by when you are buying online...along with a no questions asked return policy. Anything less, is simply black listed. We'll look forward to your pics, and your buying experience, as well as who you bought it from! .....Musicians Friend and GuitarCenter..only on occasion post guitars for personal selection, like the Gibson Hummingbird and other pricey guitars. They both need to step up to the bat and put all their guitars online for view, including low and mid priced guitars. And so my personal black list also generally includes MF and GC for the most part, because they refuse to show only the expensive guitars. So my business usually goes to those you have mentioned, who care about the customer...not just their pocket!

Surely it just a matter of requesting pictures if youre interested in a guitar ?

I could be wrong, but I believe Dave's Guitar Shop displays the serial number of the guitar as the "Item Code".

I've had very good experiences with AMS and with ZZounds (I think they're the same company with differing websites like Musician's Friend and Woodwind and Brass have).

FMA - You are correct. Just confirmed that AMS & Zzounds are showing the same instruments in their photo galleries.

Archived