Gibson Brands Forums

What dimension pickup cover for Burstbuckers?

JamGuy

Howdy all,

I've been looking to find covers to put on the open coil pickups on my '10 LPTP2. I believe the pickups are '57 classic (neck) and BB3 (bridge). I can't seem to figure out exactly which covers will work.

Thanks, JG

I thought all of the Gibson H'bucker covers were of the same dimension?

Shows what I don,t know.....Mmmm.

I am sure someone will know [thumbup]

Do they come without covers because they are 'overwound'? and nothing will fit over them?

I thought all of the Gibson H'bucker covers were of the same dimension?

Shows what I don,t know.....Mmmm.

I am sure someone will know [thumbup]

Do they come without covers because they are 'overwound'? and nothing will fit over them?

I don't think they're overwound… not to the point a cover wouldn't fit I don't think. Perhaps it's a slight cost cutting measure. I might have guessed that it was because they're split coil but then yesterday I saw a "guitar center" SG model with covered split coils so I guess that's not why they don't have covers. My guess is $$$ and aesthetics.

According to this site:

http://store.gibson.com/covers/

they offer a neck HB cover with 50 mm spacing from 1st to 6th pole center, and a bridge HB cover spaced 52 mm. Either are available chrome, nickel or gold plated.

So I think it's best measuring what the '57 Classic's and BurstBucker 3's spacings are, but these all should read 50 mm or ca. 1.969" like Gibson "R" HBs. Gibson HBs with the "T" suffix should be 52 mm or 2.047".

One may be neck and one may be the bridge, due to the strings getting farther apart as they go from the nut to the bridge.

Good call, FZ Fan [thumbup]

Please note: The xxxT pickups are dedicated bridge pickups, and as far as I know the Dirty Fingers, too.

All other Gibson pickups should come with NECK spacing, at least the seventeen '57s, '57 Pluses, BurstBuckers 1 & 2, Pro Neck and Pro Bridge (yes, BurstBucker Pro BRIDGE!!!) on my guitars did.

Archived