Gibson Brands Forums

The Wizard of Oz and The Dark Side of the Moon

68blues

Any of you guys heard of the title story, if you haven't here it is. Requirements, the Wizard of Oz film and Pink Ployds Dark Side of the Moon. This was discovered during the vinyl era. Put on the Oz film, it's either the first or second roar of the MGM lion, that was when the arm of the record player was put onto the vinyl. The sound of the film is turned down and what you hear is the Floyd album playing in unison to what you see on screen. Since records are two sided, the first side only takes you up to the start of the colour part in the film. I have tried it but I am not telling you what I thought. By the way, Dave Gilmour denies this was intentional but makes for a good story.

1391169936[/url]' post='1480326']

we used to watch movies while listening to LPs all the time, but not this combo yet.....

have to try that this weekend !!

I wouldn't say it was 100% in sync with the movie BUT! The part where the tornado that whisks her off to Oz is really impressive.

I first heard of this theory back in the mid 90s. I've never tried it myself, but from what I have read I always had the feeling that there are a few coincidences, but nothing more than that. For instance, I hear that when the lyrics to "Breathe" say "balanced on the biggest wave" Dorothy is walking along the top of a fence. :-k OK, they both are balancing, but one is a wave, the other a fence. Not too much of a match IMO.

Sounds like a fun thing to try some time though. Especially after a little mood adjustment. :)

I first heard of this theory back in the mid 90s. I've never tried it myself, but from what I have read I always had the feeling that there are a few coincidences, but nothing more than that. For instance, I hear that when the lyrics to "Breathe" say "balanced on the biggest wave" Dorothy is walking along the top of a fence. :-k OK, they both are balancing, but one is a wave, the other a fence. Not too much of a match IMO.

Sounds like a fun thing to try some time though. Especially after a little mood adjustment. :)

And once they have landed in Munchin land, during " US and Them", the line "black... and blue... and who knows which is which and who is who, " cuts to the wicked witch, then the good witch... so on so forth. some coincidences are specific, some are just more of a overall vibe or feeling. its fun to watch anyway. a number of years back I heard a couple disc jockeys talking about it, laughing, saying "who discovered this"?

I had to laugh, cuz I can picture who discovered it. some guy in his early 20's, Saturday morning "wake and bake", just happened to cue them up at the same time. 15 minutes later, he's on the phone to his buddy "dude ! you gotta get over here, its awesome"! lol

I don't remember any specifics, but I do remember "we" went thru a period back in '75, '76 or so where we would put different albums on and watch the muted tube while getting baked.

It was sooooooo funny. Sometimes. Or maybe not. I am certain though that it was something to do!!

I don't remember any specifics, but I do remember "we" went thru a period back in '75, '76 or so where we would put different albums on and watch the muted tube while getting baked.

It was sooooooo funny. Sometimes. Or maybe not. I am certain though that it was something to do!!

ahhhhh, the 70's lol.

same here. watching tv and listening to albums was standard practice...

Guest Farnsbarns

I can tell you that I heard it from the horses mouth that it is entirely coincidental. I have tried it and I couldn't see how anyone would be convinced of anything to the contrary.

1391193952[/url]' post='1480486']

I can tell you that I heard it from the horses mouth that it is entirely coincidental. I have tried it and I couldn't see how anyone would be convinced of anything to the contrary.

Lol, I wrote my thoughts on it before I read yours.

1391204963[/url]' post='1480573']

A lot of bong hits and nowadays a lot of vape hits. This is such a lame thing just like the Rod Stewart stomach pump story or Mama Cass dying chocking on a ham sandwich. If you think it sync up then go ahead and start both at the same time and have a fun time. Dark Side is a classic album and The Wizard Of Oz is a classic movie. The only thing they have in common is they are classics. Do you really think the Floyd boys sat around scheming this when recording?

Lol what an absolute **** FZ Fan is. Don't take things so seriously, it makes you look like a miserable sod. By the way the Floyd boys had a lot worse ideas during the mid to late 60's. Don't bother commenting if you can't recognise a tongue in cheek topic.......unbelievable!!!!!!

Well I lasted 25 minutes.

Close but no cigar.

B/S. IMO.

but how "tore-up" were you?

probably won't work as well otherwise

used to love putting "The Wall" video (and later DVD) on after chewing a few squares....

Mrs.B. got us the 25th Ann. Collectors Edition DVD set several yrs ago......but I still miss "the old days".

Archived