Gibson Brands Forums

PIEZO and PEQ

simont

It was great to get the draft manual and much has become clear,

however it is still unclear how to control the Piezo volume and PEQ.

This statment from Tronical suggests that we CAN adjust PEQ and Piezo onboard

If you want to play with active electronics (PEQ and/or Piezo) rotate MCK to LED-Peg and push MCK

... however users report that the tone/voulme knobs have no effect.

It is also reported by users that there is no volume control of the Piezo out when the signal is split .

Is this intentional?

Some "official" clarification on these two issues would be great,

Thanks

Simon

Advanced User control of Chameleon PEQ parameters, Piezo Out, Mag PU Coil selection and Alternate User Tunings will be accomplished with the RIP + "Dark Fire Configuration Tool" - which is PC/Mac application. It will be a download later this month.

so it should read ....

" If you want to play with active electronics (PEQ and/or Piezo) rotate MCK to LED-Peg and push MCK then plug in your RIP, turn on your PC/MAC/LAPTOP open the Dark Fire Configuration Tool and your rockin'

not exactly user freindly control of the PIEZO. ](*,)

Function 17 and 18 allow you to route the Piezo signal to tip and/or ring. The default sends the signal to both.

As I see it ,we have a DIRECT OUT of the PIEZO signal with no control over volume or EQ. Not what I thought I was buying OR much use live which is why I was hoping to hear from either Tronical or Gibson for clarification

To be clear - Yes, PEQ may easily be activated for Direct Piezo Acoustic Output

And Yes, you can map the "Piezo Blend" pot to act as Piezo Volume for the dedicated Piezo Output using:

Function 17

Here you can configure, if the Piezo Signal is routed via the Toggle Switch to the Tip. If you don’t want the Piezo Signal on the Tip type in 17#0#. This relates only to Piezo Out Mono where the signal of all 6 strings is mixed. Piezo Out Hex is never routed to Tip because you need the RIP to make it audible.

Function 18

Here you can configure, if the Piezo Signal is routed to the ring. If you don’t want the Piezo Signal on the ring type in 18#0#. This relates only to Piezo Out Mono where the signal of all 6 strings is mixed. Piezo Out Hex is always routed to the ring

But fresh from the factory the Dark Fire's Dedicated Piezo output default is No Volume control and simple access to engage the Piezo PEQ on/off.

This may change with the next Firmware update.

Suggest send a PM to Tronical

Thanks ,will do.

Just thinking,if I HAVE to work with a mono blend signal ,when using a mono guitar cable can I have the traditional volume pots off and use the Piezo Blend on the toggle as a Piezo volume control?

Sorry folks for these basic questions but I've yet to be in the same room as a DF let alone touch one!!!

Archived