Gibson Brands Forums

When will the UK get hold of a DF

Gadjetuk

Hi, has anyone heard when the first DF’s are likely to hit our shores as I am finding it harder to wait for my new guitar (even after some of the horror stories I’ve heard). At least when My DF finally arrives I will know what to look out for.:-#

No Dark Fire in Canada either.

The stunning circumstance here is that Canada's largest chain of music stores - Long and McQuade - owns the EXCLUSIVE Canadian distributor for Gibson, Yorkville Sound.

So when Long and McQuade's buyer decided not to buy Dark Fire for its launch, s/he effectively made the decision that no store in Canada would be able to sell it! (Other Gibson/Epiphone products have been similarly affected.)

I've talked to the chain's largest store, and to several independent stores who have called the distributor. Nobody has a CLUE when, or even IF, Dark Fire will be sold here.

Perhaps you in the UK are enjoying the benefits of similar Gibson marketing genius.

They're here in Singapore and they are brilliant!

Good luck with your wait - at least you may get the benefit of a RIP and a manual.

I've found it nigh on impossible to fathom out the MCK with just the quick start guide that comes with it. Thank heaven for posters on here like elantric.

It's worth the wait.

Rico

Just visited one of the largest guitar shops here in Tokyo today and found out that Japan has not yet received any stock either. The folks in the guitar shop proudly showed me their launch poster on a wall with the 12.15.08 date on it and I proudly showed them a photo of my my real DF in my living room. I won!

Production on all Dark Fire models is currently on hold while we await the arrival of a shipment of Robot Interface Packs (RIPs). The RIP is a crucial part of the Dark Fire experience that provides a sophisticated link between Dark Fire and Windows and Mac computers, and we want to make sure that when you get Dark Fire, you can immediately take advantage of these advanced capabilities. The RIPs have been tested extensively on multiple platforms and is rock-solid; it has been released for full-scale manufacturing and once we have the finished units in hand we will resume shipping Dark Fires.
.... from http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/a-message-about-dark-fire/

Could be a while. I just rang Gibson Europe and they cannot give a delivery date

Well just checked my dealers website Gear4music.com and delivery estimate is now 13 Mar 09. Having read the update from Gibson about production being halted I am not really surprised in a further delay but it is way longer than I had anticipated. So for me the DF saga is now over as I will be calling them tomorrow to cancel my order and get a refund. To be honest I had been thinking hard about this purchase while reading about some of the problems other users on this forum are having and this latest delay is the last straw.

For now I am going to consider a Roland VG 99 and another piezo loaded guitar, possibly a Godin or similar. I know this will not have the Robot tuning (But I have a GOR) and is more of a digital solution as opposed to the DF's analogue solution but I think it may suit my needs/wants better.

I am still slightly dissapointed though and will consider purchase in the future if any remain available or a production model is released. Good luck to all current and future DF owners and I hope all the minor problems are sorted by Gibson and the RIP turns out to be as awsome as expected.

Sorry to hear that news.

The VG-99 does have the best DSP alternate tuning at the moment.

FWIW - Most VG-99 users prefer the GK-3A hex PU over the Piezo options - Piezo suffers from various anomalies, which require a special input filter board from RMC.

Best site for VG-99 info is www.vguitarforums.com - which I am still deeply involved in - I'm known as "sustainiac" over there.

It seems that you are in France (you too [-o< ). I've ordered one, still no news. I bet it should arrive this week in stores, ten days ago DF were in switzerland, and they had to be check at the customs (guys told me 10 - 11 days for that). Where did you ordered yours spindrift ?

Hi Zed 91. J'ai commandé la mienne sur Coda music en Angleterre mais personne ne connait les délais.Cela varie du 14 janvierau 13 mars [-X

Ou as tu commandé la tienne? Sincèrementj'ai vraiment hate.

I've ordered mine in coda music in UK and now still no news to. I'm really impatient.

Have a nice day

OK zed! It's a really professional site! I ordered my Les Paul Standard on woodbrass and service was excellent, with followed by sms etc... Thanks to keep me in touch. I also wanted to order it onwoodbrass but when i ordered mine it was not to their catalog. But since UK is in European union I did not charge and I paid 2050 €. I called coda in the afternoon and they told me it should be ok by the end of the month.=D>

Thanks to keep me in touch

I ordered mine through woodbrass.fr. Had a nice price (2500€). I'm realy eager to receive it ;) .I'll call woodbrass guys today. I'll keep you updated.

Hi, I'm still not giving up hope that I will get hold of my DF before mid March. Just a note on the above, we in the uk have a list price of just under £2,000 with the euro at 1 for 1 against the pound ,2500€ dosen't sound that good.

yeah I could have it at 2150 €' date=' but I wanted to have a "local dealer" (they have a shop in paris) in case of issues.[/quote']

HI, you have made the write choice better to buy local if you can.

On another note, desperate to find out as much as I can about the Dark Fire I've just taken a look on ebay. I thought the photos on this listing are the best I've seen so far, worth a look. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-DARK-FIRE-ROBOT-II-DARKFIRE_W0QQitemZ150318936537QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item150318936537&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177. let me know what you think.

Archived