Gibson Brands Forums

Well stated......Right On gibson!

vacamartin

My 2012 Gibson makes just as happy as my 1951 version.

That sums it up for me, too. Love them all, old and new.

Two very sensible posts, Gentlemen. Far too often we see a sentiment here that everything old is amazing or worth several thousands. That is quite simply not the case. Yes, some instruments have aged wonderfully and sound great with little to no structural problems (although a fairly hefty bill when they do), but an awful lot of them are just old guitars.

We even sees it now for the poorly made 60's cheapo electrics that many cut their teeth on. These were sold on and given away for good reason, now the 'everything old is gold' fever has taken these to its busom as well.

Two very sensible posts, Gentlemen. Far too often we see a sentiment here that everything old is amazing or worth several thousands. That is quite simply not the case. Yes, some instruments have aged wonderfully and sound great with little to no structural problems (although a fairly hefty bill when they do), but an awful lot of them are just old guitars.

We even sees it now for the poorly made 60's cheapo electrics that many cut their teeth on. These were sold on and given away for good reason, now the 'everything old is gold' fever has taken these to its busom as well.

Like the "Perfect Storm".....The "Perfect Menage a Trois" is forming.... [lol]

I needed some 'comic relief' from my workday....Thanks guys, you never dissapoint [thumbup]

Missouri...

Actually I figure I both trust and distrust instruments from all three of the aforementioned firms. It's just that regardless of craftsmanship, a little wooden box can never be perfect, and each instrument is bound to be an individual. That's the simultaneous marvel and weakness of an acoustic guitar regardless of the passion and care of its builders.

m

I tend to agree with you, Milod, but there are some guitar brands I'm simply not interested in. Don't care how good their guitars are said to be. Yet, there are other brands that I feel a connection with, even though I can see some valid criticisms of them. I've likely missed-out on some super instruments over the years, but I'm not changing my ways at this stage of the game.....lol......

Archived