Gibson Brands Forums

Pickups in 2012 SG Standard???

krbagman

Hey gang,

I just scored a used 2012 SG Standard this weekend from Guitar Center. In their description they stated it has a Burstbucker in the bridge. Is there anyway to tell exactly?

Does anyone know what pickups these came with original from the factory on the 2012 model? I see the new SG Standards have '57 classics per the Gibson website. Is that a change from previous years models?

Thanks for your help!

Ken <><

They were 490 498. But there were a few different Standards in 2012. GC built a Limited Edition with BB -1 and BB-3 and push pull volume pots. If you look under the pick-up it will tell you what it is. Sounds like what you have. I seen a few still around. What finish is on it? The LE has Zebra open coils.

There was also a 60's neck and neck joint LE Standard by Gibson with a maple board and BBs. They had a small PG also like the 2013. The Alpine White had an ebony board. Also has push pull pots.

Those were the three Standards in 2012. The later has Chrome covers like the USA production Standard.

They were 490 498. But there were a few different Standards in 2012. GC built a Limited Edition with BB -1 and BB-3 and push pull volume pots. If you look under the pick-up it will tell you what it is. Sounds like what you have. I seen a few still around. What finish is on it? The LE has Zebra open coils.

There was also a 60's neck and neck joint LE Standard by Gibson with a maple board and BBs. They had a small PG also like the 2013. The Alpine White had an ebony board. Also has push pull pots.

Those were the three Standards in 2012. The later has Chrome covers like the USA production Standard.

+1. Shoot us an email at service@gibson.com with the serial number, and we should be able to tell for sure.

Archived