Gibson Brands Forums

EB3-L "Swamp Rat"

Kelvinator

Well I got some advice in the Restoration thread here. I got a p/p 250k pot and a 3-way toggle switch today. I was able to install them without messing up the original wiring, so it can easily be put back if someone wanted to. The great thing about this arrangement is that I can add the choke to the combined neck & bridge pup setting with the p/p switch - that's one more option than I had with the original wiring msp_thumbup.gif.

IMG_0313.jpg

Here's a shot of the front with the toggle switch and the Babics.

IMG_0317.jpg

Considering the condition she was in when I first saw her (possibly firewood), I'm very happy with the end result. Well worth the wait. msp_biggrin.gif

I remember when you took over the restoration of this forgotten Grand Axe!

• 2 weeks later...

I took a road trip yesterday to Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron, Ohio. Since the Babics bridge allowed me to get the action lower, the D & G strings were fretting-out on the 19th & 20th frets. Dan did a little filing on the nut and leveled the frets again. The Rat is almost perfect now... Plays like a dream, and sounds fantastic. msp_thumbup.gif It could only be better if Dan did a re-fret and actually shaved the fret-board to be perfectly level. I'm thinking about it...eusa_think.gif

I took a road trip yesterday to Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron, Ohio. Since the Babics bridge allowed me to get the action lower, the D & G strings were fretting-out on the 19th & 20th frets. Dan did a little filing on the nut and leveled the frets again. The Rat is almost perfect now... Plays like a dream, and sounds fantastic. msp_thumbup.gif It could only be better if Dan did a re-fret and actually shaved the fret-board to be perfectly level. I'm thinking about it...eusa_think.gif

That may not be a bad idea, since he's you're go to guy for that work. [thumbup]