Gibson Brands Forums

Fake or Not - Gibson Goddess

Oxus

Real deal...........nice guitar,..what makes you think it's a dud?

The Gibson Les Paul Goddess packs all the punch of a traditional Les Paul into a light, streamlined body. Comfortable enough to play all night, tough enough to go the distance.

Gibson Les Paul Goddess Features:

Special light-weight mahogany body Figured maple top Narrow nut, slim taper, '60s-style neck Powerful, translucent 490R & 498T humbuckers Reduced body size

Gibson Les Paul Goddess Specifications:

• BODY Top Species: Maple Back Species: Mahogany Binding: Single-ply top
  • NECK Species: Mahogany Profile: 1960 Slim taper Nut Width: 1.625 Neck Joint Location: 16
  • FINGERBOARD Species: Ebony Scale Length: 243/4" Number of Frets: 22 Inlays: White Trapezoid Fingerboard Binding: White
  • HARDWARE Plating Finish: Chrome Bridge: Wraparound Knobs: Chrome Top Hat Machine Heads (Tuners): Auto Trim Neck Pickups: 490R Bridge Pickups: 498T Controls: One volume, one tone, three-way switch
  • OTHER Strings: Brite Wires .010-.046
  • CASE Case Interior: White Plush Case Exterior: Black Reptile Pattern Hardshell Case Silkscreen: Silver 'Gibson USA' logo

Hi again and thank you for your replies.

The first thing that i noticed is the color of the binding. On the other guitars (same model) it is white but on mine it is cream white. The other thing is (as you can see on the photos) the craftmanship on the little details is not flawless.

I can't find another Les Paul Goddess around me to compare. I noticed the differences from the photos on the net. So I thought the best thing is to ask experts. Now with your replies I know it is real deal.

Thanks again.

Archived