Gibson Brands Forums

Mid 70's SG with S-1 under serial number

bigtim

A customer of mine brought in his SG he purchased a few years back. It is a great looking guitar. It is defintely a mid 70's SG and according to my reference book it dates somewhere around 1971-1974 but his had S-1 under the serial number. Have any of you guys saw this before and what does it represent??? Thank in advanced, Tim

It has the small guard, smaller square inlays including the 1stfret. no fretboard binding, neck humbucker is right next to the fret board like most typical sg's from that time period and it is the brown walnut finish. Would like to take a pic but not sure of his number to call him on. Next time I see him I will ask him to bring it by again. Anyways it is S-1 stamped under the made in USA on the back of the headstock. Tim

Like this '73 STD?

dqjhvouunlwiksmz627f.jpg

Yeah it looks exactley like that and the best part about it all whether it is a factory second or not he paid only 75 bucks for it about 5 years ago and his wife was about to kill him for it!!! I told him I would give him 150!!! LOL!!! Next time I see him I will ask him to bring it by so I can snap some pics of it and post on here, Tim

Archived