Gibson Brands Forums

What will tonigts 50th Annie show be like

Aster1

I was really excited about thinking on watching a 50th anniversary show of the Beatles Ed Sully show. [thumbup] How cool it was as a 9 yr old to watch them come on & play. Had an older brother that would have been listening to them on the KIOA AM radio maybe starting in Dec 63 maybe.

If they fill the show with cool stuff ABOUT THE BEATLES I'll be in hog heaven. If now, it's my worst fears, it's filled with all these people (musicians & other so called celebs) pontificating on what they were doing when they saw the show (or the YouTube re-runs of it 30 yrs later) then I will be done with the show. [scared] I really don't care about how it changed their lives, or even if it make Mick Jagger want to dance around and sing "under my thumb" or the like. I want it to be ABOUT THE BEATLES. It's their accomplishments I'd want & hope are honored.

What's everyone think. Will it be about the Beatles or all the others? [confused]

Aster

Yeah, dang it anyway. Just saw the lineup of the D-bags that will be on tonight. What do any of them have to do with the event. Closest Letterman gets is being in the Ed S. studios (what's left of it anyway).

Oh well, I can always try to record it and FF thru anything that is BORING blather crap.

It could have been SOOOO EXCELLENT an opportunity to have a real tribute to the event.

Aster

Well, most actual Beatles clips, will be "old hat," I fear, with not much

that hasn't been ravenously devoured, before. But, it will be interesting

to see how the producers put it all together, and if it's "fresh" in it's

approach, at least?

Most all their performances, are already readily available, on DVD, and/or

YouTube. Some interviews, with Sir Paul, Ringo, and Sir George Martin, are

a must have, IMHO. It would be nice, to see some rare footage, and interviews,

with The Beatles, and some of the people in their inner circle. Sadly, unless

it's old footage, a lot of their "inner circle" (as well as John & George) have

gone to the "Cavern" in the sky, now. [crying]

I got a kick out of the recently released "Good Ol' Freda" documentary, on The

Beatles secretary, and fan club president, Feda Kelly. Who was only 17, at the time

she started working for them. What a GREAT Job, and awesome responsibiity

as well!!

CB

Hey CB,

I was just doing one of my famous "glance sight reading" technique and misread the first line of your last paragraph as "I got kicked out of the recently released "Good Ol' Freda" documentary, on The

Beatles secretary, and fan club president." I thought to myself, how the hell did that happen???? [biggrin] [biggrin] I gotta be careful when I do that. Always in too much hurry I guess [rolleyes]

Aster

I think the good acts will be worth a tune-in. The Eurhythmics are supposed to be appearing, among other legit performers.

I am going to watch some of it, but probably will record it and speed through the junk. After all, I've got zombies to watch tonight anyway!

I think the good acts will be worth a tune-in. The Eurhythmics are supposed to be appearing, among other legit performers.

I am going to watch some of it, but probably will record it and speed through the junk. After all, I've got zombies to watch tonight anyway!

Lol ! Yep, I'm looking forward to hearing Annie Lennox

Hey CB,

I was just doing one of my famous "glance sight reading" technique and misread the first line of your last paragraph as "I got kicked out of the recently released "Good Ol' Freda" documentary, on The

Beatles secretary, and fan club president." I thought to myself, how the hell did that happen???? [biggrin] [biggrin] I gotta be careful when I do that. Always in too much hurry I guess [rolleyes]

Aster

LOL...well, I sometimes do the same thing, and have to go back over what I read, to make

sure "Did I real that RIGHT?!!!" [biggrin]

It was a fun show...I just wish there would have been a LOT more "Beatles"

clips, and "behind the scenes" stuff, from 1964, included. But, it was still

a Hoot! [biggrin] I was (I admit) a bit surprised, that Eric Clapton wasn't

on the bill, given his close friendship with them, and with George, especially. :-k

CB

My wife and I watched some of it. We DVR'd it and will finish it tonight maybe.

My gripe, which isn't so much about THIS show but any like it is that there will be some popular performers of today on it that really have no business being there other than the show happened to occur within their 15 minutes of fame.

I said, "If this special was in 1980, the performers would have included Christopher Cross, Air Supply and Juice Newton."

Anybody notice one of the guitar players in the house band was Peter Frampton,he mostly played a red Gibson es335.Dam I cant believe how much Dani Harrison looke's like his dad George and even sounds like him singing harmonies doing "we can work it out".I really would have liked to see John and Cinthia's son Julian there doing something.Actually my wife mentioned with Sir Paul,Ringo, Dani Harrson and Julian Lennon there could be a tour,how much closer to the real thing could you get.

Peter was great on that 335.

Notice Yoko and John's son Shaun (Shawn?). He looks a lot like John when he did the bed in with Yoko.

I really enjoyed the show, sans Katy Perry.

Yes… Sean looks a lot like his dad! More so than Julian.

And yeah, I saw that was Peter Frampton right off the bat… and Steve Lukather was the other guitarist, I am pretty certain.

snip: I really would have liked to see John and Cinthia's son Julian there doing something.Actually my wife mentioned with Sir Paul,Ringo, Dani Harrson and Julian Lennon there could be a tour,how much closer to the real thing could you get.

That was one of my big beefs about the show too. Why couldn't the two sons that sound like John & George have been paired up with Paul & Ringo in tribute? Also, would have liked ALL the people that were still living that had attended the original event, or any other Beatles live concert too I guess, to have had the seats instead of "all the beautiful people" that were the celebs. Wonder why they get invites to all the events instead of the folks, that put the people being honored, into the success they received. You know it's all about the fans that MADE THE BEATLES too. Without all those gals & guys and their fan clubs & concert attendance, not to mention the record (LP) purchases in '64, the BEATLES or any other group would not be going anywhere. Honor them, not Tom Hanks, and all the others that weren't even born for 40 yrs after the event. That what I think on it anyway.

It was nice to see how well Ringo still looked & played for me. John was and will always be my FAV but Ringo's songs (even if he had to do 30 takes to get one right) ALWAYS makes me have a happy heart & a big smile on my face!!

Aster

Archived