Gibson Brands Forums

POST YOUR PICTURES HERE!!!!!

Carmine457

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to break the rules. And yes i know you've seen it a million times but i have two guitars and the other one doesn't belong here..... so here's it is.... AGAIN...... Whatever here's the other one.

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

Ahhhhhh first guitar... Things all beat up!! =P~

Dynadude!! Nice collection!

Hey everyone, im new. Im 16 and i have been an AVID guitarist for ELEVEN YEARS. Haven't quite hit the pros yet, but, you know, not exactly "easy" now is it. I own 5 guitars:

1999 Samick Silvertone LP copy

1981 Peavey T-26

1970-1972 (not quite sure) Framus Dix-6 Acoustic

1970-1972 (not quite sure) Framus Bass

1990 Peavey unknown model acoustic.

i am currently having problems with the LP, i had to remove a fret and file it down last night, i was getting wierd string noises, as the tone was the same in 2 spots (not a good thing). it is fixed now, but i am trying to adjust the action, i lowerd my bridge all the way down, do i need my truss rod? I will soon post pictures of my 2 electrics, im just not quite sure as of how to do it.

I bought this '71 Les Paul Model? Standard? Which ever; when a music store closed back in 1980. A good friend's father-in-law was a loan manager at the finance company that held the title to the ill-fated store. I got first shot at anything in the store before it went up on the block. There were Strats as well as Gibsons and lower priced guitars as well. Even at the prices I was getting I couldn't afford the new Strats even at $600.00. Dejected, I closed the door to the room where the instruments were being kept. Behind the door sat this Les Paul. It matched my 1946 Gibson LG in color. We fell in love. I got the LP and a hard shell case and a Fender Twin Reverb, all never been sold, for $625.00. Since; this instrument has seen a lot of hot hours in practice and on stage. I've actually seen the finish turn milky white from sweat. One pick-up has been replaced due to salt water damage! The complexion of the finish when new didn't have the little specks in it. Again I attribute this to sweat. And those aren't shadows at the tone knobs. Sweat stains there too. No I'm not...Well at least then I wasn't over weight. Hot weather and I never have got along well. I can go with you down to 0 degrees F but I whine like a little girl at around 85 up.

The other week she hit the floor and cracked the neck. (That's what got me to this board) I instituted repairs that seem to be holding. Actually the instrument seems to be holding a tune better than it did before the crash and repair. Hope it stays that way. I like the weight of this LP. Don't really see how you guys can tote a Deluxe for a 4 hour gig.

LPBody5.jpg

LPBody1.jpg

LPHead1.jpg

Archived