Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miike

New “Time Rift” mode

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't used my unit since the update, but I think it works like this. If you have 2 tracks sync'd up and you scratch or loop on one of them, that deck will remain in sync when you go back to normal play mode. I believe it will have also advanced forward the same amount of time as the other deck but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't used my unit since the update, but I think it works like this. If you have 2 tracks sync'd up and you scratch or loop on one of them, that deck will remain in sync when you go back to normal play mode. I believe it will have also advanced forward the same amount of time as the other deck but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Yeah that pretty much it

To quickly test have 1 song on Deck A with a break to scratch on and the other deck B with an instrumental and have them both synced and crossfader in the center. When the break happens start scratching. You will hear that scratching on Deck A but "in the background that you cant hear" the song is playing "as if" you had never touched it. Once you get out of "Time Rift" the song will play in sync at the place it would be "if" you had not scratched or looped it at all.

Yeah that pretty much it

To quickly test have 1 song on Deck A with a break to scratch on and the other deck B with an instrumental and have them both synced and crossfader in the center. When the break happens start scratching. You will hear that scratching on Deck A but "in the background that you cant hear" the song is playing "as if" you had never touched it. Once you get out of "Time Rift" the song will play in sync at the place it would be "if" you had not scratched or looped it at all.

There is a a quick way to get out of Time Rift mode instead going to System menu?

There is a a quick way to get out of Time Rift mode instead going to System menu?

Hello, By getting out of "Time Rift" I mean just tapping on "Touch" again. That will get you out of it. The system menu will only allow you to change the function of the "Touch" Button to how it was or new Time Rift mode [thumbup]

This feature is pretty nifty I must say. What I do is having some hot cues in the song to samples or 'usable' parts (drum roll, funny sound, whatever). If I would like to use it anywhere in the track (to make a sort of remix), I hit "Touch", jam the hotcues, and jam the "Touch" afterwards and the track continues to play like is never touched... I've also set the brake speed to fast to have this vinyl break sound, even combined with this time rift... Hit touch, hit play for that break effect, hit play again and touch almost at the same time. When you time this correctly, you'll get a fresh surprising break :-).