Gibson Brands Forums

My New Recording

BluesKing777

Thanks for the nice replies!

Next time I will take on something a bit easier like Bohemian Rhapsody.... this has taken me a looooong while.

That's the good news....

The bad news is Soundcloud sound hosting cloud site has fixed everything - in other words it won't play on anything iPad related, but they are working on it. They lie because it works through the Puffin app on my iPad, and their Soundcloud site wants me to download their app. Not happening today anyway.

BluesKing777.

Thanks for the nice replies!

Next time I will take on something a bit easier like Bohemian Rhapsody.... this has taken me a looooong while.

That's the good news....

The bad news is Soundcloud sound hosting cloud site has fixed everything - in other words it won't play on anything iPad related, but they are working on it. They lie because it works through the Puffin app on my iPad, and their Soundcloud site wants me to download their app. Not happening today anyway.

BluesKing777.

Played fine on my IPad tonight.

Played fine on my IPad tonight.

Thanks Dan.

It must be my special iPad.

After reading your reply, I tried again...nope...it said sorry blah, blah. Went to Help - said there was a problem they were working on.

Went to the mobile site, downloaded the app even though I now would rather eat dog poop, and it works as long as I log in every time..... Use to just work from the link.....

Oh well I will try something very technical, like wait until tomorrow and see what happens....

BluesKing777.

ya man! that was very cool BK..

I love to hear someone's "originality" take shape when doing songs like this.

Take any song at all,, and - you can pretty much put any twist on it you wish.

I love this aspect of music man..

Thanks for the interesting replies 57C and KidB.

Others won't agree, but I enjoy getting a lot of mileage out of guitar playing solo, and adding vocals of even the ugliest can make something really well known quite original all of a sudden. So I am glad you see the point. I could have done some original lyrics and the song would be totally unrecognisable.

But basically, I am just doing blues fingerpicking with some tunes out of my Beatles bible book and seeing what I can come up with.

And 57Classic is on the money with the Hey Joe bit. I was doing a version of Drive My Car and to spice it up in the break, I was experimenting with some Jimi Purples in the D > G > D > G and also played the Hey Joe run, but the tune was too fast for the riff......

I was then doing that riff in the tune above, but it was a bit twee, so I just strummed that bit in.....

So far, mention of Lou Reed and Jimi Hendrix!

Cool, thanx.

Mix those 2 names together and you get another of my all time faves - Jimmy Reed!

Thanks again.

BluesKing777.

NIce arrangement. And well-suited for your new git. Bare fingers, or a deft touch with picks?

Thanks Rambler.

Bare fingers, though the long claw on my index finger was great for scraping across the strings - gone now - broke soon after.

If any one wants to listen to the ending of the track in nice headphones, you will hear the low E keep ringing till I lost patience and stopped it! The Gibsons I have bought don't do that, and I didn't want them to, and this is the first time I have ever heard that happen.

So I have played the tune above on all kinds of guitars since I got the Beatles book last year, and the other night I recorded a version that I mucked up, with the om18v. Later the same night I was strumming the 37 Gibson L-0 on a the couch, and after a few instrumental rags and things, I launched into Day in the Life and did a slow, smoky, late night version on the Gibson. Unfortunately, I need a better recording engineer than me to capture that.

BluesKing777.

[thumbup] Man BK! That's really a departure from your usual Delta Blues stuff ..... it's really quite nice. Thanks for the treat.

Thanks JDD707.

I veer all over the place, but blues and mainly country blues IS the real love. Need to keep the fingers going and brain with it though.

I also play bit of ragtime, but unless I improve immensely, you will never hear it.

BluesKing777.

Thanks Andy.

Solos or no solos.....it has to suit the tune.

I am not anti- solos... My previous track in Soundcloud is all solos with some singing over it, almost.

But I can't say how many different versions I have tried on this one - it was 'strumming' mainly, but once the red light button was on......all bets are off....

BluesKing777.

Still can't hear my own track on my ipad through Google, works through Puffin app, but that has its whole own set of problems .

Nice work on this song. You did it your way and I like it. You've got to make the song your own and I think you did. No matter how great someone is, it's not easy or original to do a song the way "they" did it. Do it your way. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Thanks MP!

That is exactly the name of the game, isn't it?

That's why I always tell guitar players to sing - add even the worst voice to an acoustic guitar and you have something real and original - doesn't have to be tricky.

BluesKing777.

Archived