Gibson Brands Forums

the Official Don't Care About Nubs thread...

saturn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... if there are nubs, I care about them, if there are none, I don't. That means I am not careless in general but don't care about non-existing things. [rolleyes]

Don't know if my point of view is self-explanatory but at least coherent I think... ;)

This thread is obviously a joke and not meant to offend anyone. :)

But after seeing at least two other threads on this topic, and trying to wade through multiple pages on the subject, I am no closer to understanding what the hubub is about. :-k

trying to wade through multiple pages on the subject, I am no closer to understanding what the hubub is about. :-k

Lol,,, me either.

But I don't really care about the hubub either.. lol.

Sometimes hubub is best left to the hubbers.

4e5704e4-3729-46cb-b888-d3eab432f464_zps505e903a.jpg

Nubless in Nashville

Pardon my ignorance, but what model is that? From what I can see, it looks like a 335 but the location of the pot and those particular block inlays are unfamiliar to me

P.S. I dont care about nubs either

Pardon my ignorance, but what model is that? From what I can see, it looks like a 335 but the location of the pot and those particular block inlays are unfamiliar to me

P.S. I dont care about nubs either

null_zps46c00b86.jpg

That is my 1989 Gibson Chet Atkins Country Gent.

What? Another nubless Les Paul?

DSCN1264-1.jpg

I kinda like them but I don't NEED them. I just don't like the BS that Gibson puts out about why they don't do them anymore. They actually said that Les Paul himself didn't want them. I don't know if that's true, but geez they had a very long history with him and should have done this years ago when he was still alive (makes me think that he didn't really say that or just said it in passing).

I wish they would just be honest about why they did it. I could understand a statement like "we did a survey and we found out guitar players didn't particularly care either way, so to keep costs down we got rid of them."

Hmmm... if there are nubs, I care about them, if there are none, I don't. That means I am not careless in general but don't care about non-existing things. [rolleyes]

Don't know if my point of view is self-explanatory but at least coherent I think... ;)

it's coherent to ME Cap, which would worry the hell outta most folks..... [biggrin]

I dont care about nibs/nubs as I play more Fenders than Gibsons, and hey, if Gibby wants to cheap out and make their guitars easier to counterfiet, who am I to question them.....they're not FORCING us to buy 'x-less guitars.

It's all about tradition. If you buy a studio, you won't get 'nibs'. But if you pay 3 times the price you expect certain things. I think it's a Gibson original thing and they're just cutting costs. It's a step towards Gibsons being made in the east. Believe me.

Archived