Gibson Brands Forums

Trade American Fender Strat hss 2011 for Les Paul Studio?

swatts987

Trying to get some opinions on a trade that I've been offered. A 2011 Les Paul Studio for my 2011 American Fender Stratocaster HSS. Both guitars are in great shape. I just don't know if i'd be downgrading in value if I went with the studio. I'm not too familiar with studios either. I asked a worker at GC about the pickups they put in the studio's and he said it just kinda depends and that there aren't really a specific set they use for all studio's. Any advice/info would be helpful. Thanks!

post-63467-088322600 1392684655_thumb.jpg

post-63467-007550600 1392684666_thumb.jpg

The Strat is probably worth a couple of hundred more, but as far a value I would put them as equal. The studio will have 490 pickups, which are decent and a little hotter, brighter than a 57 classic for example. As long as the guitar plays well, feels good, I would say go for it.

I think they are both different guitars. I own an American Standard and a 2011 CC. I like the CC better but I think, or hope, that it is superior to the Les Paul Sudio's. I am not a huge fan of P-90's, but that is just my opinion. Maybe this Studio you speak of doesn't have P-90's. My strat is three single coils, which is why it it is so different from my LP. In the end, they are both great guitars but I wouldn't trade if you had a Standard. Studio's can be found for $600 to $700 easily used, Standards are usually a few bucks more. It is whatever is best for you. Good luck hashing it out.

Trying to get some opinions on a trade that I've been offered. A 2011 Les Paul Studio for my 2011 American Fender Stratocaster HSS. Both guitars are in great shape. I just don't know if i'd be downgrading in value if I went with the studio. I'm not too familiar with studios either. I asked a worker at GC about the pickups they put in the studio's and he said it just kinda depends and that there aren't really a specific set they use for all studio's. Any advice/info would be helpful. Thanks!

post-63467-088322600 1392684655_thumb.jpg

post-63467-007550600 1392684666_thumb.jpg

Keep the Fender, you got the best of both worlds there, humbucker and single coil. Its a trade down in my opinion. That Strat looks killer

I don't understand. The Strat is a Hwy-1 or whatever Fender calls them today? The used value of the Strat is what? Whats the used value of the LP?

The LP is worth more IMHO . Good Luck in your musical journey. A Strat has remained with me on mine throughout as has a Gibson. Its not one or the other but both for me.

Its a large headstock on the Strat, or am I identifying the Strat wrong?

The LP the Alpine White often have ebony boards also. Hard to tell with the photos. However, in case I'm seeing this right, I would consider the trade.

Good Luck.

I see, well I've been wanting a Les Paul since I was 12...im 26 now. I know the studio is not the top of the line les paul but I don't really see much of a difference between the studio's and the top of the line LP's. From what i've heard on youtube and through playing different LP's at Guitar Center, they all sound fairly similar. I can only find a weight difference between most LP's. I'm considering the trade but I want to see how the LP feels first. Thanks for the help/advice guys!

If you want the right answer the LP and Strat used are worth exactaly what some is willing to pay for it and what you are willing to sell it for - no more no less. But if you look at a LP Studio (not sure what model Studio, it was mentioned in the 1st post just LP Studio, but he did say Am Std HSS Strat) and Am Std Strat HHS (both being new today and both models in the first post were the same year 2011's) price the Strat HSS $1249 the LP Studio is $999.Fender Like Gibson have a bunch of models of Strats just like LP's.A Fender Highway One Strat is an out of production model. It was least inexpensive American Made Strat at the time. It had the large 70's headstock. The American Standard has the smaller headstock. Fender stopped making the HW1 series a few years back.

What headstock does the guitar in the photo have?

I understand all this, the Strat has a large headstock, thus the questions. I don't see American Standard and $1299. by the photos. In which you agree the Studio is $999. The Special is $949. And yes they are worth what you can get on the used market not the new as you clearly demonstrated. Are you saying a used SSH special will fetch more than an Alpine White LP with an ebony board in like condition?

Or are you saying the photo for sure is the 1249 Standard or your saying what I think what was wrongly suggested by the OP to repeat thus not addressing the question I proposed at all? I don't see it that is why I asked.

Archived