Gibson Brands Forums

tired of gibson discontinuing all of these sg models

SGman94

Who doesn't? o_O

and

Funny' date=' my current GAS for the past month is for a blue or white 61RI SG that I can throw EMG's into. I've been scowering ebay and other places looking for one.[/quote']

I'll accept £1200 for it.

I know if gibson actually tries they can definitely get a really good series started and at least off the sg start making money because it was cool at first but now i dont think anyone cares what new color they are gunna slap on a les paul with shitty electronics and call it a "robot" or "dark fire." they are trying to make money off the robots so much that they forget that the only way they are gunna make money is if they put some quality back into their instruments

I'm a little surprised we still have the "Faded" series guitars around' date=' as cheap as they are. And considering that the only REAL difference between them and the high-end crap is in the finish, it kinda' makes you wonder "just how much" it costs to make the "nicer" ones, doesn't it?

H-Bomb[/quote']

Yes, it does make me wonder for sure! I really like the feel of unfinished necks too... be nice to see some glossed bodies and unfinished neck options, why not?

You must all remember that Gibson arent in business to make guitars - they are there to maximise the profits for their greedy shareholders.

If discontinuing models so that they can introduce more models and lower the quality and get more schmucks to buy their crap makes money then you have your answer.

You must all remember that Gibson arent in business to make guitars - they are there to maximise the profits for their greedy shareholders.

If discontinuing models so that they can introduce more models and lower the quality and get more schmucks to buy their crap makes money then you have your answer.

I don't think that Gibson has greedy shareholders, they are a privately held company. Just sayin...

is anyone going to NAMM in a couple days?

if you are could you keep me in touch as to what gibson is doing with the SG...and possibly the Explorer because i heard they might be discontinuing the explorer which all-in-all is quite alarming

Archived