Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Les Paul Peace, Serenity Sunrise

Outta_hand

I recently acquired this guitar and really think it's a great quality instrument. The color of this particular instrument is what caught my eye. At several web sites including the Gibson site the pictures show a top with a orange tint burst and back and neck with a red tint. So, I am trying to figure out if this particular guitar is something unusual or just a normal deviation from the advertised color scheme. If anyone can explain this deviation I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide. See pictures below.

post-63540-013441500 1392855956_thumb.jpg

post-63540-069700200 1392855849_thumb.jpg

You are right about the color. Does that guitar have the Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret?

Yes, it has the Anniversary inlay. All hardware is consistent with the model as described online, it's the color deviation that stumps me. It's closer to a HoneyBurst than the orange tint Serenity Sunrise. I love the color, not complaining, just trying to determine if some were released in this color. I would have went with a different model if all I could find was the color as it appeared online. Documentation in the case is dated 1/8/2014, so it's a fresh guitar.

Yes, it has the Anniversary inlay. All hardware is consistent with the model as described online, it's the color deviation that stumps me. It's closer to a HoneyBurst than the orange tint Serenity Sunrise. I love the color, not complaining, just trying to determine if some were released in this color. I would have went with a different model if all I could find was the color as it appeared online. Documentation in the case is dated 1/8/2014, so it's a fresh guitar.

It does look like a honeyburst, right down to the lack of tint on the back. Here's my 2013 LP Trad honeyburst.

12275207895_4a2e4c2db4.jpg

Is that serial number 1XXX2XXXX or have you altered it in a picture editing program to safeguard your instrument?

Because AFAIK that number dates to 2012.....

P.

Hello Pippy!

You mean, it's a 2012 Standard/Trad dressed up as a Peace?

Cheers... Bence

Hello Pippy!.......You mean, it's a 2012 Standard/Trad dressed up as a Peace?...

Not neccessarily, Bence.

All I'm saying is that for a very long time Gibson serial numbers have used the first and fifth digits to denote the year in which the guitar was crafted.

Number_zpsb10e1493.jpg

This would appear to be a 2012 model which, of course, wouldn't have a fret-over-binding neck (which this instrument has), nor an inlaid 12th fret-marker.

Also the bridge seems to have slot-head screw posts...

It will be interesting to hear what Gibson Support have to say.

P.

Not neccessarily, Bence.

All I'm saying is that for a very long time Gibson serial numbers have used the first and fifth digits to denote the year in which the guitar was crafted.

P.

Ah, OK! Now I remember reading somewhere, that this year's serial number coding is unique - due to the anniversary. For 2014, the year indicators are the first and the second digits.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/109968-2014-serial-numbers/

Best wishes... Bence

Received the following reply from Gibson Support after providing them with pictures and serial number:

This appears to be consistent with a Serenity Sunrise finish. It appears that the spec back and side finish color has changed from the original run.

So there you have it, color has changed from original run. To me this color change is what sold me on the guitar. I was underwhelmed with the stock pictures I had seen online, I am quite happy with the new color change.

Archived