Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nitefly

something about a double cut

There's just something about the look of an LP DC that I find so appealing. They got a 98 dc std in at my local recently and it is giving me serious GAS.

Here's a link

www.yourmusicguitars.com/index.php/en/electric-guitars/solid-body-electric-guitars/1998-gibson-les-paul-standard-double-cut-detail#enlarge

I doubt I will be buying though as I just got my 335 3 weeks ago. Still one can dream!

I don't know much about these guitars and so far I haven't found any spec for the 98 model. Any owners out there care to share their views on this model or know more about them? Pups, neck profile/material etc

thanks

I went thru a period when I was seriously jonesing for a DC!

Never did pic one up...

I think it was during a recent re-release... 2011 I think...

There IS just something about them that is very desirous!

They were releasing them in seriously awesome flame-tops a couple years or so ago and a GoldTop that was really killer!

I went thru a period when I was seriously jonesing for a DC!

Never did pic one up...

I think it was during a recent re-release... 2011 I think...

There IS just something about them that is very desirous!

They were releasing them in seriously awesome flame-tops a couple years or so ago and a GoldTop that was really killer!

You never know, you may just pull the trigger one day! I particularly like the DC special but I have never come across one in any of the local resellers. I guess Gibson aren't making them right now. Here is a link:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/1960-Les-Paul-Special-Double-VOS/Features.aspx

My link

I'd like one of these.

Darn that is a looker. [thumbup] I wonder what the tone on those PUPs is like. I have a feeling they will be pretty hot.