Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jaygl

HNGD- 2014 Melody Maker

Intonation is not my issue. I adjusted that with the screws and it's seems to be alright (accept when the temperature changes drastically but that's normal).

The issue is that when I'm playing on stage, after some time playing it starts to go out of tune. I'm not sure if that's just normal or not.

I recently picked up a Les Paul Special and the previous owner put the strings on so that they were actually tied in a single granny knot up at the tuners (like when you tie your shoelaces). It stayed in tune perfectly. Perhaps give that a shot.

Intonation is not my issue. I adjusted that with the screws and it's seems to be alright (accept when the temperature changes drastically but that's normal).

The issue is that when I'm playing on stage, after some time playing it starts to go out of tune. I'm not sure if that's just normal or not.

My Melody Maker does not have notches in the bridge and the strings drift after some string-bending licks. Will it make notches eventually? I see the string spacing varies and move it back (and retune). Is this typical for a wrap-around bridge?

I have the same TV yellow MM and am loving it!

With regards to the painted neck, I must have dribbled something sticky on it (or one of my kids), and when I gently scraped it off with my fingernail, the paint came off with it. Now I have a little divot. IMHO that paint came off way too easy. Anyone else have a similar experience?