Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Studio Pro NGD

sharky007

I will tell you my story, I went to my local music store to order a 2014 Studio Pro. When I arrived my salesman informed me that he just had one come in for a customer in the Teal Blue. Which is the colour I was going to order. He asked me if I wanted to see it, normally they would not open it for other customers,but since I am a good customer they would show me the colour.We proceeded to the stock room and open the box and then the case. Opened the case and revealed the awesome candy teal blue paint. Then he turned it around and there was a dent in the back that was right into the wood. We both looked in horror. There was also a large L shaped cut in the bottom of the case and a hole in the box. Looks like the courier did a great job of damaging another guitar.So anyway they tried to call the customer but they were on they way to pick it up. I asked the sales guy what they were going to do with it if he didn't want it and he said they would discount it and I could buy it.I felt bad when the young guy and his dad walked in and they told them the bad news. He sat down and played it and decided they would wait to get another. So I played it and it rocked! So I was in the right place at the right time. Got for a great price and will pick it up in the morning. And here it is!IMG_8615.jpgIMG_8614.jpgIMG_8607.jpgIMG_8598.jpgIMG_8601.jpgIMG_8589.jpgIMG_8592.jpg

Yikes, that's a pretty good digger, but no reason not to get it.

That is the color I would choose too.......Love it!!!!

I was after one of those big time, but before they came in locally, I spotted a nice LP Special, so the studio will have to wait for a bit

NHTom

Congrats, Sharky, HNGD! [thumbup]

Life's reality may write a hell of a story better than a human writer could figure out [rolleyes] Since the damage is not a serious one with respect to performance, and isn't viewable from the front, you were right to go with a pretty discount. :)

The colour is darn beautiful, and the black plastic parts nicely complement the look. Great catch, mate! [thumbup]

Archived