Gibson Brands Forums

What is your current GAS list?

nick_s

I'm not really jonesin for anything at the moment. Gibson's 2014 lineup and their 2015 lineup so far have killed any Gibson gas I hoped to have.

I think it's going to take stumbling across something I wasn't expecting or looking for to trip my trigger going forward (As has been the case in my last 6 or 7 purchases). I would like to try out one of the new Supro amp reissues but I seriously don't need or have room for any more amplifiers. I did just order the new Keeley Electronics Blues Driver because I'm a Keeley-aholic when it comes to pedals. Guitar wise there's nothing currently on the horizon that makes me want to whip it out (my wallet you perverts). O:)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

1.) Les Paul Traditional P-90s Goldtop (to replace the Studio 50s Tribute).

2.) ES-175 or similiar arch-top hollow-body in tobacco-, or triburst color.

3.) EB4 bass in Natural Ash color.

If I could get this, I'd consider my collection complete. I'd even sacrifice the FSR Tele for one of these.

Cheers... Bence

Dammit...

Why in the world would somebody wanna open this again..............@#$%#$%@#$%

I had even managed to forget about those Eastman guitars, milod. Damn!......lol!

For Goodness' Sakes........DON'T Check Out My Post #37 on Page Two, Bence ! ! !......................[scared]...................[laugh]

P.

For Goodness' Sakes........DON'T Check Out My Post #37 on Page Two, Bence ! ! !......................[scared]...................[laugh]

P.

Hello Pippy!

Interesting...

...and it`s on Milod`s, FZfan`s, Quapman`s, Daveinspain`s and Zigzag`s list too... [scared]

Nice one, Pippy! However, I`d prefer the two-humbucker version.

Cheers... Bence

Well, I probably don't need any more guitars (according to my wife!). But after playing a gig Saturday and lugging my 80+ pound Legacy amp around, I wouldn't mind a lighter nice tube amp. I see there is a new Supro S6420+ Thunderbolt coming out soon that looks very interesting... :-k It's got 1 15" speaker and only weighs 45lbs.

Hello!

1.) Les Paul Traditional P-90s Goldtop (to replace the Studio 50s Tribute).

3.) EB4 bass in Natural Ash color.

If I could get this, I'd consider my collection complete. I'd even sacrifice the FSR Tele for one of these.

Cheers... Bence

You had to mention the ES-175 didn't you [cursing]

ES75VSNH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=410&width=1000

Honestly, I think if there's one instrument that nears perfection if you don't need high volume with amps behind you on stage, it's likely the ES175. It plays about anything other than Flamenco or totally "acoustic" type material such as bluegrass, depending on one's string preferences.

Then again, the various solidbodies were designed to lessen the howl of feedback from the increasingly powerful amps that "we" would put behind us on a stage as "we" went from big bands to increasingly specialized dance gig combos.

As for heavy amps too, I think there's really too much of a tendency to want big, powerful and - oh, by the way - heavy amps 'stedda looking at what the audience hears. I keep thinking that the best idea is for smaller amps and quality modular sorts of PA rigs appropriate for the gig - plus appropriate setup of that PA for the venue. That's not to say I'm not in favor of "loud" when it comes to rock. Heck, for a lotta stuff. But increasingly powerful and unwieldy amps compared to PA concerns are to me a '60s thing that "we" haven't managed to outgrow as a whole.

m

I have to agree with Milod, my ES 175 is one of my favourites in my collection, but then it's tough to decide a true favourite as I love many types of guitars!

My current GAS list;

Gibson ES 345 stereo reissue trans brown circa 2008

Gibson L4 CES Mahogany Natural ebony fretboard circa 2005-09

Gibson Les Paul Artisan circa 1977

Gibson Dove MC

Gibson L5 CES

Gibson Earl Scruggs banjo

Gretsch Country Club w/ bigsby

Fender Jaguar USA

Cashimira concert classical - either 1a or 2a perhaps

Gibson Les Paul Custom w/Ebony Fretboard (I flip-flop on color quite a bit)

Corsa custom Les Paul style guitar w/Peter Green Mod (check) [biggrin]

Gibson Les Paul R6 GoldTop

Fender '59 Bassman reissue

Marshall BluesBreaker combo

Gibson ES339

Archived