Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Mustang 3 or Peavey Valkeking 112 or 212?

guitar_randy

I have a new Fender Mustang 3. Not hugely impressed with it. I can get a couple mediocre tones but nothing outstanding or nothing tube like. I got a little while yet for the 30 day return at guitar center should I go that route and wondering if anyone has any expeince with the peavey valveking 112 or the 212? I can get one of either of those used for not too much if I was to return the mustang.

I need to learn more on the peavey valveking 112 and 212. Is there anything with either of these 2 amps that is notorious for? Do they obtain nice classic rock tones? Any known issues with them or any known qualities they have to be praised?

I need to decide between the stang or something like a valveking. The stang does more different sounds I am thinking due to the modeling but not a lot of good tones so would I be better going to a valveking or is that a piece of crap and mustang is better?

Apparently, your and my ears are looking for something wildly different. Because I can get some total KILLER sounds out of my mustangs.

so are are you looking for like full bore metal tones?

Because IME, for classic rock tones, blues, clean jazz sounds, these amps do that just fine for what I'm looking for. I play a lot of different stuff, I find these amps very versatile, and the guys forced to listen to me once a week, like the sounds I can get too.

I don't know anything about the Peavey amp you're asking about, and based on our last round of discussions on these amps, I would probably just give you more advice that you are not looking for! [biggrin]

Other than to say,,, How bout you check out some of the black star combos?

http://www.blackstaramps.com/

Apparently, your and my ears are looking for something wildly different. Because I can get some total KILLER sounds out of my mustangs.

so are are you looking for like full bore metal tones?

Because IME, for classic rock tones, blues, clean jazz sounds, these amps do that just fine for what I'm looking for. I play a lot of different stuff, I find these amps very versatile, and the guys forced to listen to me once a week, like the sounds I can get too.

I don't know anything about the Peavey amp you're asking about, and based on our last round of discussions on these amps, I would probably just give you more advice that you are not looking for! [biggrin]

Other than to say,,, How bout you check out some of the black star combos?

http://www.blackstaramps.com/

No.Not full bore metal tones.

Classic rock tones-AC/DC,GNR,Nugent,Sabbath,old aerosmith,old def leppard,bad company,scorps,etc

I can't get anything authentic sounding.

Archived