Gibson Brands Forums

Cheap Trick

codename

Nice, they were my first concert in Dec of '79 on the Dream Police Tour with opening act "Now Here He Is To Kick Your a$$ Pat Travers Band"

I saw that tour. Graham Parker and the Rumour opened here. Is Rick still playing that 5 necked guitar? It would be like an anchor around your neck. You could see it from the cheap seats though.

Gotta love the way Rick pulls out a different axe pretty well every song [laugh] .Check out this Les Paul. Hard to tell from the video but It looked vintage .

May well have been. He's a well known collector/dealer with something like 2,200 guitars, and he's not afraid to take them out on the road from what I've read. He also drives around town in a SmartCar with the license plate "SHAGON" which he convinced the DMV was an acronym for something to do with hit songs for Nielson thingy. Pretty funny.

AS a young man in the mid to late 70's I would see Cheap Trick at a night club in the Chicago area called Harlow's before they hit big time.

Around the same time I just happened to be in Tarzana CA. Cheap Trick was making their debut at the ROXY in Hollywood, as I happened to to be out there with music industry people we had VIP passes to the balcony for the performance, the friends I was with were friends of Cheap Trick & wanted to be up close to the stage & that's were we were 2 black girls & me the white spot at the front of the stage, the girls were excited because after the show we were going to get together with them after the show, the stages back drop was a wall of stacked Marshall bottoms with the front speaker grills all ripped, the show was going great until all of a sudden Rick's guitars that were all lined up & visually impressive got pelted with raw eggs shortly after that an empty bottle of Jack just narrowly missed the the bass players head, as he was looking at the direction were the bottle came from he stopped playing his bass for a moment to show his middle finger to the people in the balcony where the eggs & bottle came from, never did get a chance to hang out with Cheap Trick after the show

Archived