Gibson Brands Forums

No Firebird for 2014?

creekster52

I'm sure there are others who are disappointed that there seem to be no six string Firebirds in the 2014 lineup. At least I didn't see any in the 2014 NAMM vids on YouTube. Maybe the Pelham blue studios didn't do as well as anticipated?

I almost bought the Pelham blue, but wasn't really crazy about the color. I'm holding out for a vintage burst model, and a neck-thru would be really nice. Anyone else??

I'm sure there are others who are disappointed that there seem to be no six string Firebirds in the 2014 lineup. At least I didn't see any in the 2014 NAMM vids on YouTube. Maybe the Pelham blue studios didn't do as well as anticipated?

I almost bought the Pelham blue, but wasn't really crazy about the color. I'm holding out for a vintage burst model, and a neck-thru would be really nice. Anyone else??

I liked the Pelham, I just wanted minibuckers.

Add me to the list of people who were underwhelmed by Epis' new 2014 offerings, and disappointed by the lack of Firebirds.

I know the Firebird is never going to be as popular as Les Pauls and SGs, but Epiphone already makes boatloads of those. It's still a very significant Gibson model with an awful lot of history to it, and I can't understand why Epiphone seems to have never really taken it seriously in recent years, and now doesn't have one its line-up at all.

When the the craving for a new Firebird becomes too much, in the absence of an Epi model and a Gibson model being too expensive, the recipe might very well become:

IW12093434-body-large.jpg

IW12093434-backbody-large.jpg

ESP LTD Phoenix

+

33728d1327878375-can-mini-humbucker-fit-reg-sized-hb-slot-minihum-cm-1.jpg

Mini-humbucker adapter ring for full-sized humbucker cavity

+

MFBV_2GD.jpg

Kent Armstrong Firebird mini-humbuckers

...and basically cobble together a very nice Firebird for myself with plenty of change left from $1000.

Archived