Gibson Brands Forums

My Hummingbird Pro

Mark Stone

Really, it's not a "Mark Stone Custom" and you're right the Pro doesn't come with the Bird bling. Both (the TR cover and the decals) were purchased on Ebay to dress her up a bit. I've had it since May 2013, it's a 2013 model with Sitka over Mahogany. The tone, especially in the midrange, is verrrrrry nice. Have a look:

20131015_175210.308121012_std.jpg

20131015_175407.308121038_std.jpg

20131015_175330.308121135_std.jpg

I like it. I think it is cool to do something like this and add a bit of individual personality to a guitar. I made a similar call when having my '42 J-50 restored. Rather than go with an exact repro pickguard (the original was missing) we went with something a little different. Still had the flavor of the original but just different enough to make it stand out in a crowd.

I like it. I think it is cool to do something like this and add a bit of individual personality to a guitar. I made a similar call when having my '42 J-50 restored. Rather than go with an exact repro pickguard (the original was missing) we went with something a little different. Still had the flavor of the original but just different enough to make it stand out in a crowd.

I like it too! It looks unique!

Archived