Gibson Brands Forums

Tuners for a LP

Pipster

Hi

Just bought a new Epi LP that needs some updating and I want to start with the tuners and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations for tuners that won't require me to enlarge the holes on the the headstock. I just want to be able to take out the current ones and then put in the new tuners. I'm also in the UK

Just bought a new Epi LP that needs some updating

Pipster.

New to you I take it.....Congrats!!!

It might help if we knew what year and model it was. It might also help if we knew if it is press fit bushing mounted tuners or

washer and nut type bushing.

A few pics of the guitar with the current tuners might help.

Otherwise.......

You are going to have to remove the tuners to replace them anyway.

So, why not remove one and measure the hole?

It should be either an 8mm or a 10mm.

Once we know that I'm sure you will get suggestions.

Also, consider that any screw holes in the back of the headstock will likely not line up.

Willy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just bought a new Epi LP that needs some updating and I want to start with the tuners and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations for tuners that won't require me to enlarge the holes on the the headstock. I just want to be able to take out the current ones and then put in the new tuners. I'm also in the UK

These will work, I've used them on an Epi L.P. The only thing was, in order to use the same screws the old tuners used, I had to enlarge the holes slightly with a 3/32" bit.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Vintage-Nickel-Gibson-Style-Tuners-for-3x3-Headstock_p_823.html

Ralph F

Archived