Gibson Brands Forums

Help need some info Gibson blues parlor guitar from the 1950s

Irving

going to take some more pictures again after work. Thanks for all the help guys!!

All this talk about the guitar makes me want to keep it, I dont think the wife will let me LOL

What would be the best way to sell something like this? ebay?

going to take some more pictures again after work. Thanks for all the help guys!!

All this talk about the guitar makes me want to keep it, I dont think the wife will let me LOL

I might want to buy this at a fair price. I am currently in the market for either a wartime banner LG-2 or one from this postwar 1946-50 time frame....and yours looks quite nice. I am looking forward to seeing some higher resolution pics. I would be interested in knowing the nut width, the height of the strings at the 12th fret and some clear photos of the neck/body joint, headstock, back of neck , fretboard and body....Are there any cracks?

Why not just put on you Big Daddy pants, tell your wife to go into the kitchen and make you a sandwich and announce you will be keping the guitar.

C'mon - this is a whole different ballgame from going out and buying a guitar - you have had it laying around all these years. And while you will get some decent money for it it ain't a life changing amount of money.

Why not just put on you Big Daddy pants, tell your wife to go into the kitchen and make you a sandwich and announce you will be keping the guitar.

C'mon - this is a whole different ballgame from going out and buying a guitar - you have had it laying around all these years. And while you will get some decent money for it it ain't a life changing amount of money.

im selling it to put money into my race car lol I agree with her that if I want to spend some more money on it Id rather it not come out of the wedding fund.

didnt get any time to take any more pics I will do it tonight hopefully LOL

Took some more pictures. If there is any more pictures that can help I will gladly take them. There is no FON number on the block I looked for like a half hour in all differnt lights trying.

33dfuk8.jpg

9vl2j5.jpg

2wpi2k5.jpg

be6jk0.jpg

2118md5.jpg

14cf7lk.jpg

aowed.jpg

n1f14k.jpg

eznamb.jpg

sv1a3r.jpg

I'm surprised at what appears to be a 1 5/8" nut on a guitar of this vintage. Try taking the picture again with your steel ruler slid under the strings at the nut to get it really accurately. I would expect to see it at 1 11/16".

Well, that changes my thinking on a lot of things when it comes to Gibson neck widths.

a good thing? a bad thing LOL

I am going to try and take it to a luthier ASAP. any one have one in new york they recommend?

a good thing? a bad thing LOL

Traditionally, we think of Gibson acoustics from this period (late 1940's to early 1950's) as having a width at the nut of 1 11/16" or more. Lots of folks here prefer them even wider.

Archived