Gibson Brands Forums

Sound Diff Between HB & HB TV

jw3571

Being you're Aussies, EA & BK, why no Matons in your stable?

FMA

Sorry for the delay in some response, FMA....only just saw your question.

Matons have been around a long time locally and a lot have been 'mistreated' to say the least. The few I have played at friends have been woeful, but I am sure the newer ones from the shops would be quite respectable. Some I tried did not have the sound I was looking for, but like 99.9999% of guitars near me, dreadnoughts rule.....

BluesKing777.

Sorry for the delay in some response, FMA....only just saw your question.

Matons have been around a long time locally and a lot have been 'mistreated' to say the least. The few I have played at friends have been woeful, but I am sure the newer ones from the shops would be quite respectable. Some I tried did not have the sound I was looking for, but like 99.9999% of guitars near me, dreadnoughts rule.....

BluesKing777.

Dont get me started with Matons, the saddest excuse for a gutiar Ive come across ....

Then there are 2 sets of black and white top-bindings.

From the edge :

Standard = w-b-w-b-w-b

TV of the 167 = w-b-w-b-w-b-w (very nice as the white meets the orangeamberbrownish burst with huge micro-effect)

and 2012 TV, presumably all others, like the Std.

Are you saying that Maton's don't leave you having to tie your kangaroo down, sport?

I think he meant that they don't boil his billy.

EA: Stonebridge is announcing on their website that they are now selling Furch in the US.

Fminor7, and everyone else, apologies for hijacking this thread.

FMA

Archived