Gibson Brands Forums

Speaking of feeling older......

RowdyMoon

One of the most important records I ever bought. In the olden days before the interwebs we had to take a risk and buy records like this to see what was new out there. This record sparked my musical fire for years to come. Every song on it became importent to me.

mastersofmetal_lg.jpg

Sadly I must confess I think I might have had one of these way back...falls under the WTF was I thinking category ....

between that, and Popiels Pocket Fisherman.......we had it made !!

Lol,, Classics.. These take me back.

Don't feel bad Rowdy,, I had that and the pocket fisherman..lol.

My brother and I both had the pocket fisherman... It really sucked.

The record selector actually worked not bad.

lol

holy flashbacks Batman!!!

Hey, I had a Captain Video space helmet. <grin> And a Captain Video rocket launcher.

Given that the show on the Dumont Television Network ended in '55... <grin> A friend, btw, had somehow a Captain Video uniform.

Then also there was Tom Corbett, Space Cadet - whence apparently arose today's derogatory term.

Those were run live every day and let's just say that the production values of the rubber monster makeup and such of the old original Star Trek were exceptionally advanced from that. At least they didn't have, at least not that I recall, wheeled office chairs for the space ship pilot.

Never had a pocket fisherman.

m

The Ginsu Knife, Jarts, Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and cheap horror films on Chiller...

and by my user name, and pic, its pretty obvious i'm a horror fan. classic horror, and not so classic. i love old cheesy horror movies. so bad, their great...

i grew up watching Count Gore Devol's Creature Feature on Saturday nights, out of Wash. Dc. Ive gotten to meet him a few times at horror conventions, lol...

Archived