Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone 1985 BC Rich Bich copy

BULLITT

Found another one, looks like it is a real Epi. Never seen one before. This from google, I'll see if I can find any more info. That strat-type bridge with the horrible square corners and the 70's style chunky cast saddles looks exactly like one which was on an early 80's Hondo Flying V I had, same round string trees as well.

EpiphoneBich_zps763378ca.jpg

Here's Hondo's version, same guitar different headstock shape? So it looks as if Bullitt's Epiphone is probably early-mid 80's Korean, made in the same factory that made Hondo.

67263-1.jpg

Apart from a couple of mentions on google from people who have owned them, I can't find anything else. Nothing on youtube or harmonycentral, haven't looked any further. Apparently these are set neck, so that probably rules out the neck swap theories. And active electronics. Can you confirm, Bullitt?

Apart from a couple of mentions on google from people who have owned them, I can't find anything else. Nothing on youtube or harmonycentral, haven't looked any further. Apparently these are set neck, so that probably rules out the neck swap theories. And active electronics. Can you confirm, Bullitt?

HI and thank for your help . Yes for the electronic active . i think it"s only a preamp with hi gain

Yes, this is a real Epiphone! I have known about these guitars for quite a few years, but have never found info on them. I see them crop up every so often, but I still dont know the name of them. They are similar in construction, hardare & electronics to the Model 1140 Flying-V and the early S-Series models all from around 1984-1985. Yours is the first one I've seen in white. I've seen black and metallic red before, but not white.

Your best bet is to contact Epiphone customer service and ask if they have any info on this model.

Archived