Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone like the Boss Octave Pedal?

Aster1

Hi Guys and thanks for reading.

Just found me a nice Excalibur that I'd like to get some more "tone control" over. Prolly could get by with just a Treble, Mid, Bass control but I don't see much in a Boss pedal like that (less a "Bassman" pedal). Does anyone find the Boss Octave graphic equalizer pedal to be worth the $100 it sells for? If not, what would fit in my Boss pedal box that would be better or more appropriate? Or would something like that Bassman be worth owning?

Thanks

Aster

I use the BOSS EQ pedal, with my Fender Blues Jr. to get rid of the small cabinet "Boxy"

tone, and just to have some other "options" tonally, as well. There are other EQ pedals,

out there, as well. But, the BOSS does what I want, just fine! I don't think I paid more

than 60 bucks, for it, though. So, I guess they've "gone up?" Electro Harmonix makes a

10 band, EQ pedal. Never tried one, but they seem to be pretty popular.

I use the Boss version as a straight "boost" pedal, in some situations, as well.

Good Luck, Aster! [thumbup]

CB

Thanks CB for the info. I may give it a whirl. Still trying to decide if I like the Emenance 15" in this guy or not. The amp sounds pretty good and the amp looks cool. Trying to find my way thru the new ownership experience I guess. [biggrin]

Aster

I have this BOSS pedal but I'm not sure this is what you're talking about?

photo_zps6d8b3ae1.jpg

It sounds like you're looking for an EQ. The BOSS EQ is popular and you can find a used one pretty cheap. It does what you need and sounds good. MXR makes one which is similar and also popular

On the cheaper end you could go with behringer or danelectro but they won't be as durable

On the cheaper end you could go with behringer or danelectro but they won't be as durable

I found them to also be noisier. If I remember correctly, with my rig the mxr was quietest when all pedals were stock. Some people mod their boss eq to be even quieter but I have no experience with this

Good suggestions... [thumbup]

Depending on interest and extent of desired sound control... :blink:

A multi-fx like the Boss ME70 has a useful EQ onboard, available in several amp configurations

That and it's predecessors are well tried and tested...

Particularly suited to live bandwork... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

This is the current one that I see on some of the sites. GE-7

BossGE-7pedal_zpsa81bd51d.jpg

Also, Boss has a Fender Deluxe Reverb & Fender Bassman pedal that I was wondering if anyone had/played with.

Thanks

Aster

Also, Boss has a Fender Deluxe Reverb & Fender Bassman pedal that I was wondering if anyone had/played with.

Thanks

Aster

I have the Fender Bassman pedal. I'm using it basically as a boost pedal, to give some low end thump while playing at low volume.

Archived