Gibson Brands Forums

Traditional 1956

Classic54

I have a Les Paul Traditional and I love it. It is a great guitar at a great price. But what I would like now is a similarly packaged 1956 Gold Top with P-90s.

If I may be so bold, I would like to suggest that Gibson enhance the Traditional range with the addition of a P-90 loaded Gold Top. So come Gibson, how about it?

They do make them occasionally.

This one came out last year - Les Paul Trad Pro P-90 G-T;

Tradprop-90GT_zps3d0b36e2.jpg

But I agree it would be nice to see these offered again this year.

In 2013 the Gibson LP range ran to four pages. So far the 2014 range is only two pages 'long'. Perhaps there are more LPs to come?

P.

I own a Traditional pro Made especially for the Guitar Centers in 2011 ti has the 60's profile neck and came in two versions a 50's profile neck with Gold top and the 60's profile with all Ebony except for the Amber knobs.. It is indeed a fantastic sounding guitar and OI do love it.. however it is not a P90 Gold Top is is semi chambered and tapped.. I have found after a great deal of searching a few P90 Gold top guitars that are not chambered that someone has had the custom shop or their tech Build directly for them usually using a GOLD top with Mini's and changing out with orange caps and Soap Bar P90 great sound guitars and just enough difference that I would love one I do love my Traditional Pro Tapped 90's and it was a great deal Roughly$1000 with shipping and it looks brand new.. BTW SCOTT LAWRENCE is a fantastic builder and has the expertise to make you an original spec GOLD TOP for well under a CUSTOM SHOP reissue NON CHAMBERED contact him say BARRY sent you and he will understand

http://www2.gibson.c...Coil-P-90s.aspx

Above site shows both Gold & ebony version I am now searching for a non- chambered GOLD TOP P90 but until then the traditional ppro tapped 90's is a great guitar

Splash-02-t.jpgSplash-03-t.jpg

Website

They do make them occasionally.

This one came out last year - Les Paul Trad Pro P-90 G-T;

Tradprop-90GT_zps3d0b36e2.jpg

But I agree it would be nice to see these offered again this year.

In 2013 the Gibson LP range ran to four pages. So far the 2014 range is only two pages 'long'. Perhaps there are more LPs to come?

P.

Is this the same pickup configuration as the Blues Hawk "stacked" Blues-90 first attributed to the P90 style pickups used by the BluesHawk designer; JT Riboloff, that utilized a "-noise reduction circuitry which employs a dummy coil?"

This certainly seems to be a more affordable choice than an R6 in my Soapbar clad Goldtop quest...

I'd still prefer a Danny Kirwan signature R6... :)

Archived