Gibson Brands Forums

Friday Night Song

Buc McMaster

Buc, you are amazing. Makes me look forward to the weekend to see what you're gonna post. You definitely put a smile on my face.

The Collins sounds really nice.

I was going to suggest Mack the Knife, but then I read the history of the song on wiki and decided maybe just a little too creepy.

Your call.

FMA

Thank you, gentlemen. Little uke doesn't really have enough sustain to do much single note work let alone making it "feel" as it should. But thank you for giving it a listen. The challenges you folks give me are pushing my learning curve on the ukulele and I enjoy that...........makes me want to play better.

On a side note, I've found a most interesting Kamaka soprano uke I might take a run at next week. But then again, the same guy has a fine little Gibson Style 1 from the 1930s that is in most excellent condition...............think I've got UAS.

Well done Buc. I won't cross your path!

Thanks for taking the time to do this one!

I worked on one earlier today... Perhaps the easiest song I have ever heard. I heard it on a car ride for the first time today, came home, printed out the lyrics and laid it down. I'll post it up later.

By the way it am still learning uke chords. It's not as intuitive to me as I thought it would be.

Archived