Gibson Brands Forums

Two

Salfromchatham

Thanks guys. BBG I know you like Ryan Adams as much as I do. I'd probably punch him in person, as I hear he is an arse... but man can he write nice songs.

Dan... just an Apogee MiC. I added a tiny bit of reverb on the vocals and the cajon. The rest is just pure. The bass is straight into Garageband through Apogee JaM.

I know he's been an arse in the past , and I thibk he played the part of one from time to time because it got him in the papers . some stories then became twisted.

Recent interviews show him to be polite and witty.

Who knows ...drinks in - wits out.

But youre right , I adore his music. You did that well.

One man band too!

haha...Sal I just listened to this...I see you just commented on mine.I haven't read it yet.Hopefully it wasn't outrageously insulting.....cause I'm going to say I really liked what you did here.There is a lot of craft in the simple melodies this guy comes up with.Your vocal tracking and percussion works well.

By the way..I originally did another cover by Jason Isbell called Elephant this weekend.I uploaded it on youtube but then deleted it. Partly cause my version was not a patch on the original and was the worst cover out of a few others i looked at..and also because it was so freakin' bleak..even for my tastes.

Nice work Sal, very nice. You get an amazing sound out of Garage band. When I use it it always comes out sounding like me.

Got to admit, though, this whole Ryan Adams, Bryan Adams thing is really confusing.

FMA

Ha. Funny. I discovered Ryan Adams only in the last year. Bryan ... My college band covered Cuts Like a Knife... Oh man I wish I were young again... And I wish I had my 78 Strat back. I traded it for an Ovation when I graduated. What was I thinking?

Ha. Funny. I discovered Ryan Adams only in the last year. Bryan ... My college band covered Cuts Like a Knife... Oh man I wish I were young again... And I wish I had my 78 Strat back. I traded it for an Ovation when I graduated. What was I thinking?

Was that the summer of 69? Oh Yeah?

I enjoy your stuff.

FMA

Archived