Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daveinspain

Disappearing picks

OK I have mentioned this before but last night as I was putting my guitar away I dropped my pick. I saw it fall straight down. There were no obstacles in the way to bounce off of or get stuck in. I bend down to get it. Not there... :-k So I put the guitar in it's stand and start to look for it. No where to be found, gone, disappeared into the zone. Never found it.

So the big question is, where do picks go? Another instance, I'm cleaning out a bunch of old stuff and I find an old guitar pick from the music store I used to go to in my home town when I was a kid. Pampalone's Music. This store was the store that everyone went to for everything. I even took drum lessons there. The store has been closed for like 35 or 40 years. I take the pick and put it in my wallet because I was going to Boston to visit family and thought I'd give the pick to my old guitar played in the band I was in high school. Fly from Spain to Boston. Get to Boston and the pick was gone…. 8-[

Dave...I feel your pain...I have a box filled with "special" picks. I'd be upset if they disappeared. My theory?? MIssing picks join up with missing socks from the dryer.

OK I have mentioned this before but last night as I was putting my guitar away I dropped my pick. I saw it fall straight down. There were no obstacles in the way to bounce off of or get stuck in. I bend down to get it. Not there... :-k So I put the guitar in it's stand and start to look for it. No where to be found, gone, disappeared into the zone. Never found it.

So the big question is, where do picks go? Another instance, I'm cleaning out a bunch of old stuff and I find an old guitar pick from the music store I used to go to in my home town when I was a kid. Pampalone's Music. This store was the store that everyone went to for everything. I even took drum lessons there. The store has been closed for like 35 or 40 years. I take the pick and put it in my wallet because I was going to Boston to visit family and thought I'd give the pick to my old guitar played in the band I was in high school. Fly from Spain to Boston. Get to Boston and the pick was gone…. 8-[

I had that same scenario the other night, it's magic they just vanish into thin air.

Yep, as already said..they must join the missing sock battalion...I played for about five year with just fingers it p--e--e==d me off so much...

Mind I saw the coolest thing last weekend,and it was my own son!.......His band were halfway through ''My Generation''...and my son is playing up his Townshend ''windmills''.....pick flies out of his hand and lands on his shoe,..in one movement he had flicked it back up off his shoe,back into his hand ready for the next ''windmill'....Townshend would have been proud! (or rammed his axe into the amp)..

Sad thing is, only my son and I witnessed it!...

One trick he'll have to show his old man.

Yep, as already said..they must join the missing sock battalion...I played for about five year with just fingers it p--e--e==d me off so much...

Mind I saw the coolest thing last weekend,and it was my own son!.......His band were halfway through ''My Generation''...and my son is playing up his Townshend ''windmills''.....pick flies out of his hand and lands on his shoe,..in one movement he had flicked it back up of his shoe,back into his hand ready for the next ''windmill'....Townshend would have been proud! (or rammed his axe into the amp)..

Sad thing is only my son and I witnessed it!...

One trick he'll have to show his old man.

thats great. probably cracked you up.

yep, i have no idea where the picks go. same place as my 9/16th wrench, when i'm working on my bike.

thats great. probably cracked you up.

yep, i have no idea where the picks go. same place as my 9/16th wrench, when i'm working on my bike.

I was just open mouthed Karloff....how the f.... did he do that....when I asked him,he just said it was a reflex action...one he has no doubt he could never repeat....

I've told him to practice it!......

Might get a few more through the door!

I was just open mouthed Karloff....how the f.... did he do that....when I asked him,he just said it was a reflex action...one he has no doubt he could never repeat....

I've told him to practice it!......

Might get a few more through the door!

Thats freakin' great. and I bet he just played it off like, "ahhh, thats nuttin'. do it all the time" lol. i can picture that ... man that cracks me up...

Thats freakin' great. and I bet he just played it off like, "ahhh, thats nuttin'. do it all the time" lol. i can picture that ... man that cracks me up...

Seems you know my son Karloff!......He gave me the ''what!..you thought I couldn't do it!'' look...followed by the ''YouAin't Seen Nothing Yet'' look...

Smarta-s-s- kids eh?.

Not just picks.

Nuts, bolts, drill bits,,, usually something integral to completing some sort of job.

Strange phenom this. I can totally relate.

Not just picks.

Nuts, bolts, drill bits,,, usually something integral to completing some sort of job.

Strange phenom this. I can totally relate.

Working on my bike once. New throttle cable. There's a brass ferrule that connects the cable to the throttle. It falls. I watched it hit the floor and roll under the bike. 40 minutes later and emptying half of the garage i take a drive to the Harley shop. I bought 2 of the stupid things...

Working on my bike once. New throttle cable. There's a brass ferrule that connects the cable to the throttle. It falls. I watched it hit the floor and roll under the bike. 40 minutes later and emptying half of the garage i take a drive to the Harley shop. I bought 2 of the stupid things...

I apologize for laughing out loud ;)

....I bought 2 of the stupid things...

Yup. Got the T-shirt.....

[thumbup]

Lost_03f218_625955.jpg

Sorry, but that's just perfect.

P.

I buy jumbo packs of picks because of this, though when I moved two months ago I found about 30 of them I had "misplaced"..

Funny. I recently found a pick in my washing machine. It's from Garrett Park Guitars in Annapolis, which I haven't been to in years and don't ever remember getting a pick there... :-k

I have a pick punch, and a large stack of used up pre-paid gas cards, drivers licenses and expired bank and credit cards. I will NEVER run out of picks for the rest of my life.

Mini wormholes that lead to another planet in a different galaxy. This has resulted in the local populace creating the saying (loosely translated, of course): "It's raining guitar picks outside" when there's bad weather. Truth.

What a fussy lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!way too picky.

===========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Grumble Groan.

I bought a used P-bass several years ago and found two picks under the pickguard!

Hence the word pickguard. It helps protecting picks from player's use or abuse

[scared] :P [biggrin]