Gibson Brands Forums

Please help me to authenticate my first Epiphone...

chrono

I recently bought a brand new Epiphone Les Paul Standard online and I dont have any idea how to authenticate it.

Since this is my first Epiphone I want to make sure that I got a real one.

Please help me even an opinion will make my mind clear thank you in advance!!! [thumbup]

I`m new here please help me to learn things [biggrin]

post-63957-044621600 1394531221_thumb.jpg

post-63957-071848200 1394531233_thumb.jpg

post-63957-034700100 1394531258_thumb.jpg

Looks nice.

First question, the answer to which could put your concerns to rest in a moment, is very simple:

Where did you get it from?

The dealer in which I bought my guitar sells lot of guitars mostly epiphone,squier and phoebus guitars.

Also they sell authentic Gibson guitars...

My problem is that when I heard that my guitar was made in china I started to doubt [mellow]

I test it myself and it sounds great but I`m new to guitars so I can`t tell yet which is really good [smile]

Looks real to me.

My problem is that when I heard that my guitar was made in china I started to doubt [mellow]

They're all made at Epiphone’s Gibson Qingdao factory near Qingdao, China. All Epiphones, all the time. By this time, they're getting pretty darn good at making guitars. From my experience, anyway.

Since this is my first Epiphone I want to make sure that I got a real one.

As stated...real...

Congrats on the new guitar and Welcome To The Forum!!!

I buy mine from a chines flee market

I didn't realize there were Chinese flees. (something new every day) [thumbup]

Willy

As stated...real...

Congrats on the new guitar and Welcome To The Forum!!!

I didn't realize there were Chinese flees. (something new every day) [thumbup]

Willy

That's where the Chinese go, when they want to get away from the hecticity of life in general...the flee marketrolleyes.gif

Nice guitarmsp_thumbup.gif

That's where the Chinese go, when they want to get away from the hecticity of life in general...the flee marketrolleyes.gif

Nice guitarmsp_thumbup.gif

So there are fake Epiphones being built . I am Glad his is real , that will make him sleep better at night . And the dam flee markets . Better check my guitars out . And welcome to the Gibson site . A lot of great people on here .

it was made April 13 at the DaeWon or Unsung factory in China

I defer to your superior wisdom.

genie.gif

I swear I saw somewhere all Epis were coming out of Qingdao. Maybe what I saw was 'Qingdao makes all Epis,' meaning they make only Epis.

So the "20" in chrono's serial number after the date apparently doesn't just refer to a specific factory?

Archived