Gibson Brands Forums

Least favorite Beatles song...

daveinspain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many gems as they produced, they certainly produced their fair share of turds too, didn't they? So where do you go? Lennon's Rev #9 or Macca's sappy BS stuff? I prefer to remember the gems and fast forward or delete the "not so" gems, if you will [biggrin]

This is very subjective but I'd have to go with Yello Submarine. Sorry Ringo...

Sorry, Dave, but in my opinion "Yellow Submarine" is a great song, although I like Ringo's "It Don't Come Easy" better.

I even don't know of any bad Beatles song. To be honest, I never cared for music I don't like. In my opinion, life's too short for that, and for me it has always been that way from my early days on.

I can't think of any "bad" Beatles songs. Heck, their worst song is probably better than anything some bands will ever write. Of course I am not familiar with all their obscure songs.

Probably not on my favorites list would be "Yesterday" and "Hello, Goodbye". Great songs, but sometimes the simplistic rhyming of the lyrics bore me.

"Yellow Submarine" was/is a Children's song! And, a pretty damn good one, too...IMHO.

It wouldn't be nearly the same, if anyone but Ringo had sung it. Also IMHO. Kids love the song,

and the movie, as well. Ringo was also, the perfect vocalist, for "Octopus's Garden," as

well.

Sure, The Beatles did some "non-sense" songs, just for a lark, and to "have us on, a bit," but

even those, their real fans enjoy, in the spirit they were written, and recorded. I don't

think anyone took those "non-sense" songs seriously. Least of all, The Beatles! [biggrin]

CB

I don't have any. Honestly, they could do no wrong with me. Now this is quite different story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vqA8DCm8cc

Yeah, though I respected John's love and even "need" for some of what Yoko

offered him, and that he really loved her, I was never a fan of her music,

at all. Some is tolerable, to even not bad. But, most sounded like a

strangled cat, screeching, with it's claws on a chalk board, to me. Guess

I'm just not that "hip?!" [unsure]

CB

I have alot of least favorites...

I'm going to compound my oddity in folks' eyes, but I never could get real into The Beatles either...

Let me preface... I think as far as pop/rock goes they were the bomb with their early stuff! While not all original songs, I thought their early work was probably as sublime as it gets for pop/rock, which isn't my thing anyway... I'm a Bluesman and The Beatles just weren't Bluesey enough for me and my personal preferences.

I do however adore their versions of Twist & Shout, I Saw Her Standing There, Hard Days Night, and alot of pop covers and originals from that particular early period in their career...

After that when the drugs came into play more I thought their music suffered and I never liked their psychedelic period. I personally thought their music turned to sh!t with the drugs...

Some of it was marginally catchy, and even their late stuff (while John was still alive) was endurable, but they never re-achieved what they were in their early years IMHO...

I know that's not a popular opinion, and nor can I argue with their commercial success and the pinnacle of popularity and status they achieved even with songs I don't really care for...

I'm a Blues-Hound, what can I say...

Archived